News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New Clipper Owner Here!

Started by Jax, October 27, 2013, 08:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jax

Just wanted to drop in for the first time here & say that my wife & I just bought a 1975 American Clipper!
21' rear kitchen. Only has 54,000 miles! In pretty good shape over all. Found a leak in the upper bunk area so I am redoing that & I only have turn signals in the back working but other then that we are proud owner's! I mean it is 38-yrs old so your going to have problems at first but for what we paid we feel it was a good deal to get us moving in the right direction to start RVing. Also I will be sending in my check to become a member. Glad to know your all out there for stories & support. If there is anything I can help with in time as I learn about my "new" Clipper I will be more then happy to pass it along. We are in PA about 30-min north of Philly in Bucks County. Next spring we will get into this lifestyle with two dogs, one Harley, & plenty of food and fun ahead! One question: if anybody out there is in my area or close any recommendations on campgrounds, or just plain places we can go & get in with the Clipper? Thanks for any reply! 
1975 Dodge 360 Clipper 21' rear kitchen.

Clipper Joe

Hello Jax,

Welcome to ACOC, Did You Send Your Membership To The Stockton, Ca Address? You Will Have To PM Cainine Caravan Hi Will Set Up The Membership, They Are Working On Updating Web Address.

There Is A Vast Set Of Info On This American Clipper Web Forum, So You Can Ask Anything, They Are A Vast Knowledge Base Of Info.

My Wife & I Own a 1977 Dodge 440 Rear Kitchen Clipper, We Call Him "Wilson"
I Have Worked On It For A Few Years, Bought It In 2000, Have Repaired Many Items, To Make Him Road Worthily. New Kitchen, Bath, Interior Floor, Curtains, Blinds, Redid All Electrical Power Center, New Golf Cart 6Vdc Batteries, Repaired All Vents, Escape Hatch, Added New 14" Fantastic Fan With Cover. Sealed All Roof Areas Around Vents, Added New HD Antenna. Etc. All New Brakes & Rebuilt Motor & Transmission. These Coaches  Are Great RV's But The Owners Before Me Did Not Take Good Care Of Him. It Has Been A Pain & A lot Of Cost To Bring It Back To The Best Clipper They Are.

We Live In Northern California. You Will Be Getting On Info From CanineCaravan, On Other Members If They Have Join The Clipper Club. He Has A Roster List Of Members In Your Area.
They Also Have National Rally's, As A Member  You Can Attend..

Good Luck, And Welcome, Please Feel Free To Post And We Will Try & Get The Answers To Make Your Clipper. A lot Of Joy As We Love Ours.

Joe & Denise ACOC# 3749   
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

Welcome Jax!

I just got home from the National Rally this weekend.  I have a 75 rear kitchen also, so hopefully we'll be able to trade info.

We're hoping to get some more info on this forum about various campgrounds and such.  Are you interested in full hookups or dry camping (dry camping is in a campground without AC power and using your fresh water tank ; boondocking is outside of established campgrounds; both are considered "self-contained")?  For dry camping, you can try federal forests, for boondocking, you can try BLM land.

Please throw your questions out, if we don't have the answer, we'll help you try to figure it out. :)
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

Welcome fellow Clipper owners!
I think you'll  find that you made an excellent choice in the RV you chose. And yes...for a 30+ year old vessel there are bound to be a few ( or more) fix-its.  It becomes a hobby!
We just got our Clipper and joined the club within the last few months, great people and a great forum to learn most anything you take the time to read about. Both preventative and repairing.
I was lucky in that our RV was well loved..still pretty much authentic, and everything still works. I replaced the radiator and the two batteries, switched the interior lights to LED and we were on our way. Oh and lots of elbow grease!
Happy travels
Steve
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Hi Steve,

I Have A Friend That Has Some Property In Jackson, We Travel There From Time To Time.
I Know You Live In Murphy's Not To Far From Him, Sorry I Missed National Rally It Was Up By You, Did You Make It?

Will Have To Connect When I Go Fishing @ Pardee Or Go To My Friends House In Jackson.

Have You Named Your 'Clipper' My Is Called: " Wilson "  ;D

Take Care & Feel Free To As Any Questions That May Arise.
Joe 
ACOC#3749

Sfine

Hi Joe.... And Denise , right!?
Yes we did attend the National in San Andreas last weekend, our first, left just before the rains arrived, (local knowledge) ;) !!
I had read in previous posts that you were not going to be able to attend, I was looking forward to seeing Wilson, and meeting you as well.  As you already know, what a great group of people who did attend and that we had the privilege of meeting. I learned some valuable info, bought some parts from Mel and the little Clipper trailer. This won't be our last trip, thoroughly enjoyed it all!
Anytime you are in the area, please give me a heads up and perhaps we can introduce ourselves. I believe Everett and Neleen live in Jackson, is that who you were referring to?  Wonderful couple.
Calaveras county has some good fishing too, it's a secret, ask anyone !
I'm afraid that if we named our Clipper, I would suffer from separation anxiety every time I left without it, too personal for this owner. !!! ;D we simply call ours The Clipper... Seems to respond ok!
Happy trails,
Steve
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Hi Steve,
Thanks For Update, Glad To Here You Made Rally & Able To Get Parts.

My Friends Are Odie & Rena, The Own 20+ Acres Out Of Jackson, Great Friends.
I Like To Fish Pardee From Time To Time, It Has Changed Some What. I Know The Fees Everywhere Are Going Up. Being Semi-Retired, Should Start To Get A Lot Of Use Out Of 'Wilson' Our Clipper.

You Don't Have To Name These Clippers, They A Great RV's Made To Last.

I Just Saw The Tom Hanks Movie Castaways & It Was Wilson That Kept Him Alive. I Just Want This Clipper Of Ours To Be Passed Along For Many Years. I Wish The Pass Few Owners Would Of Taken Care Of It Better. I Know It Is Now Updated To Go On For Many Years, Have Done Major Repairs, & & Will Give Us Much Enjoyment. :D

Will Try & Hook-up With You All @ Future Rallies..

Joe & Denise
ACOC # 3749
ACOC#3749