News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Old Clipper, new owner

Started by listeur, June 24, 2013, 03:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

listeur

We bought a clipper back in October from someone that seems to ahve been a member of the club. There were materials and enough evidence to support it. Finally able to post to the forums after only being allowed to lurk, some $30.00 fee and apparent hacking forum lockdown nastyness. I still want to pay the fee- BTW. Can't I use paypal or some such ?
Anyhoo- I will be here a LONG time- love the 77 clipper party model, seen a few others since then, one in a sad state of disrepair- took pictures.
My wife told me there is something that absolutely NEEDS to be checked on the clipper engine that will degrade and cause catastrophic damage- of couse she didn't bookmark it, and I'm not seeing the PM's checklist as of yet...
any help appreciated.
So far I've added an electric fuel pump (essential here in Colorado summers), led interior dome lights instead of the incandescent, and a rooftop Coleman mach II or III AC unit... I'm sure which one. The three way fridge is next- only works on gas, but it's getting power- hmm... heat coil mabye?  Oh so many things to do.... glad to be here and contribute to this wonderful piece of Americana.

Clipper Joe

Hello Listeur,

Welcome To ACOC, You Will Find This Is A Vast Forum Of Information Here!
Great Clipper Owners From All Over The US.

I Have a 1977 Dodge 440 Rear Kitchen Clipper. His Name Is  ( " Wilson ")

I Just Got Done In The Last Few Weeks Installing A New 2 Way Dometic Rm2510 Fridge To Replace My Old RM-66E That Came In Coach New. Had To Do A Few Mod. To Cabinet To Make It Fit.

Can Help You If You send E-Mail Address I Have A lot Of Photos, of install.

Joe & Denise
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

listeur

whoa! a dometic Rm2510 is not cheap.
I'm hoping mine runs for a good long while- even a core change is cheaper than replacing with a new- but time will tell. I have to look at core changes anyway- I picked up a portable dometic cooler that seems to have no ammonia in it- but probably worth fixing as they are so rare.
feel free to send me pics- listeur@gmail
Thanks!

Clipper Joe

Hello Listeur,

Yea The Dometic Rm2510 Are Costly, But It Seems With The Price Of Re Coiling Your Old Rm66e Unit, Its Close, I Have Read In Different RV Forums If You Do It Yourself, Maybe 1/2 The Price, But Remember You Still Have A 197x Old Fridge, You Know The New Old Stock Control Knobs & Latch for Fridge, Are About $25.00ea, & Door Gasket $50.00-$80.00, And So On-On-On.

I Did A lot Of Looking, Really Wanted To Put In A NorCold Double Unit. Like Kennel Has. The Problem Is Space, Remember The Clippers Are Not Square On Side Walls, The Have Taper Fiberglass, & Most New Fridges Need More Space For Coils & Ht. I Did So Looking On This Forums & Found John Installed A Rebuilt Unit & Had Also Had To Modify Fridge To Make It Fit. I Will Try A E-Mail You My Install Job, Very Happy With End Results. Also A Small Note:
I Have A 2 Year Warranty, Free Shipping & It Freezes Ice Cubes In Electric & LPG In  3.5 Hrs. Not Bad Huh?

Take Care & Thanks For Reply Listeur,

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher