News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

It's a Clipper!

Started by Toedtoes, April 07, 2013, 04:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

Hi everyone,

I'm a new Clipper owner.  75 21' 360 rear kitchen.  Just bought it yesterday, my membership request is in the mail tomorrow and I'm ordering the Binder also.  What a great tool to offer folks!  

I expect to need it - my fuel gauge, windshield wipers, cruise control and horn don't work.  I've got a small gas leak in the rear at the fuel filter, so I'm getting that switched out asap.  Other than that, it's running well.  So far, I have found no problems in the RV portion except the lights don't work on battery and a leak in the bathroom faucet (yep, easy fix on that - I might switch out the faucet).

There is one definite spot of dry rot - on the passenger side wall behind the door (where the kitchen is).  I expect to do a full sealing this spring to make sure nothing new happens.

I do need new tires - plan on getting them with next month's paycheck.  Meanwhile, just some light driving to get familiar with the handling, braking, etc. and listen for any issues.  Will do some pricing on the tires , if anyone's got any advice on them, please throw it at me - have Clipper, will listen!  ;D

Very much looking forward to getting it out there on the road this spring/summer.  Perusing the forums for info.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

kenmel

Welcome! ;D Got any pics of it?  I just finished installing a 24" flat screen in my 78 rear kitchen, getting ready for the first trip in it. Lots of good info on here, activity not so much lol. But I am hoping more people start using the site, I know to get registered I had to email Shayne so some people might not realize that he needs to approve new people. I love my Clipper and can't wait for summer.

Toedtoes

Thanks!  I hope to get some photos this weekend of it.  I want to get some interior stuff set up first - have a stereo setup I'm modifying from my old travel trailer to use in the Clipper - both while driving and camping.

Yeah, when I tried to register, I got a "registration is disabled" message and emailed for assistance.  Fortunately, I'm not easily deterred.  ;)

kenmel

So where are you located?

Toedtoes

Sacramento Valley in Calif. Which reminds me, my Clipper has his original plates. :). I notice there seem to be a lot of clippers out here.

caninecaravan

We are the caninecaravan and the national membership chairpeople for the ACOC. To join national you need to send us a check for $30 for national dues which will allow you to buy parts from the national organization. Also if you are in the Central Valley of California this is where we are located. There is also the Bay Area clipper club which meets every month in a different location. There is a rally the weekend of April 17 to 20 in Columbia California at the 49RV Park. The national rally will be in May at Sugar Barge in the Delta region of California. Information is available in the national newsletter for the rally. You can send a check to us t 2853 Smoke Tree Circle, Stockton, Ca. 95209 or national dues and the local dues are 6.00 for the year. Hope to hear from you soon. Caninecaravan Dodge 440 78 21' side kitchen.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

Toedtoes

Thanks.  I did send the ACOC registration in with the $30 this week. I propable won't think I will make it to the April rally - I need to buy tires before I go anywhere. But I will shoot for the May rally.  For the local club, do I send the $6 to you also?

caninecaravan

Yes. make that check out for $6 to the Bay Area Clipper Club.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

kenmel

caninecaravan, Do you have any kind of Paypal to py the membership fees? I don't use checks lol I can get a postal money order maybe. Just let me know Thanks   

Toedtoes

For Kenmel - because while I know I have posted photos of my clipper before, I cannot for the life of me find where they are...

Toedtoes

and outside