News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Motor is in"

Started by John Eversoll, June 26, 2010, 08:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

;Dthe motor is in and looks great!!!

It actually went in better that it came out...

With the exception of me smashing my thumb nail...Ouch!!!!

Tomorrow the trans and the little things....

Have taken pics and will post them as soon as I can..

Jim put a cam in that will make even the steep hills seem small.. As he said"

We will see...
Take care, John

prophetdaniel2

Nice John! cant wait for the pics.
Are you going to put in a bigger fuel tank to feed that monster?

I JUST got back home from a 600 mile round trip to Tok Alaska, Every thing went well. The new front end mods made the rig positively chilly even on most hills ( and there are a lot!) the starter relay went out and my secondary (electric) fuel pump finally died, But the mechanical one kept us going, a bit fuel starved I think.

I definitely want a bigger fuel tank...cant make it 200 miles without worrying about the next fuel stop.

John Eversoll

Yea, I am getting the bug to go for a LONG DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!

The trans is tomorrow, and I have been taking pics so you will finally see

this ugly mug..  LOL..

I have found much wireing that needs to be replaced and will have to take my time in replacing that..
I have decided to replace the fridge with another 3 way..  I priced them at Camping world and figure insted of wire this to that and around that to this I would just get another unit
but Larger..  I really don't need that Big empty cupboard above the fridge.  Three years ago when I rebuilt the front end I replaced everything and I have just noticed that the
Idler arm rubber was missing...  Just something else to replace ... While I am at it I am going to replace the power brake set up.. It is the origional and I figure I want to be safe rather than sorry.  I would like to get a bigger tank butdon't have a clue as to what
Vehicle to look at in a wrecking yard..  I have seen some at a ford yard but then again,
I just don't have a clue....  The get up and go I think has got up and went....  any ideas???
I better sgn off before you fall asleep reading this.....John