News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

First trip for me in a while too.....

Started by Horst, June 06, 2010, 08:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

We headed down to Big Sur (our "local" spot - we go there several times/year)
I think the gas in my Clipper was a bit tired - I didn't put any stabil in it - was running a bit weak - so on the way home I put 15 gals of Chevron Supreme in it - it's much happier now.
I also installed some new shocks (Monroe Magnum Heavy Duty gas jobbies...nice) - helped the ride quite a bit - but I still need to get some new coil springs eventually.
My tires are now 6.5 years old.................they get very little direct sun, and my tire guys said they are OK for another year or two (no checking at all yet) - still..........I'm saving my nickels.......tires coming soon.
I got 9.5mpg for the trip - really good considering the crappy gas and heavy wind both ways - I kept it at 55mph on the freeway, and there was traffic, which meant 35-45 for some stretches (that's the Clipper mpg sweet spot!)

As usual, had people from the campground come up and ask about the Clipper..................and so I brag about our rigs like we all do........ha! The wife took some pics  - First pic is my son (right) my father-in-law (middle) my daughter's boyfriend (left) - getting the camp fire ready. Second pic is me setting up outdoor kitchen upon arrival
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Hi there Horst, Looks and sounds like you have had a great time..!!!

I will give you a shout when we get the rig on the road for her Maden Voyage.

Maybe hook up at that Big sur you keep mentioning.  Never been there.

Sounds great.

Went to the wreacking yard this last saturday, " Half price day"  Yipeeee

Found another instrament cluster. Yup, I bought it..  Plus the side mirrors

Which were in great shape..  Someone got the tires and rims :( In the middle of removing the motor and trans I got side tracked" as per the norm"

and tride to drill four holes for the new seats that I got from a 2005 Dodge Van.

With that out of the way I should beable to get the motor out by wednesday.

Take care, John

!!!