News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Over cab mattress dimensions please

Started by billd, May 05, 2010, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billd

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please get me the dimensions for the overcab bunk mattress please?  My Clipper is in storage over 500 miles away and I'd like to get foam for a new mattress before I go visit her.  I have a rear kitchen model, 1976 if that matters.  I'm also interested in the best materials to use for a replacement mattress please.

Thank you all if you can help,
Bill

prophetdaniel2

hey bill, welcome to the forum. im away from my clip for a few weeks so i cant give u dimensions atm. i bet some one will help u out shortly. get something nice and thick amd easy on the back. id like to swap out mine soon as well. how long have u had that clipper?

billd

I've had "Tin Lizzy" almost 11 years.  She is part of the family!

John Eversoll

Hello Build---  tell ya what, give me till tomorrow and I will get you the mesurements.

I am getting me a new foam mattress for mine as well..

John

John Eversoll

Oh crap, I forgot to mesure the matress.....Sorry!!!!

I will do it tomorrow when I get up...

John

cpcarroll

Bill
I think it is about 50"x85" but it also has a cut out in it for the cab.
have a good day
Chuck

clockwork

My original 48" x 83" actual, but 84" would fit - minus the cut out. Memory foam gets high praise, although I have never tried it.
dave

John Eversoll

Damn ,  You guys beat me to it!!!!

Mine is 50" x 83"

Well, I did try!!!!

John :)

billd

Thank you all for helping!
Prophetdaniel2.. You made me feel most welcome.
Chuck and Clockwork and John... You guys are the best!

When you mention a cutout for the cab, am I right in guessing that this would be in the center on the near long side as you climb in?  I don't remember mine having such a cutout.  I'm pretty sure mine is straight across on all 4 sides.  (I've wrestled it in and out several times.)  Did some Clippers have a fully rectangular mattress?  And if so who might have those dimensions please?

I really appreciate you guys helping me to figure this out!
Have a great weekend, Bill :)

caninecaravan

had one custom made from a place here in Stockton, Ca. that makes mattresses. It is 84X48 and 6 inches thick. Reduces the head room but sure beats the one that came in the clipper. No more sag in the middle.  it cost me over $600 but it sure makes a difference. I have the cut out but the mattress covers it.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

billd

Quote from: caninecaravan on May 10, 2010, 10:55:24 PM
I have the cut out but the mattress covers it.
Thank you Caninecaravan.  Could you please describe "the cutout"?  (My Clipper is over 500 miles away and I'm trying to get a new mattress made to take to her.)  Thanks again.

mccammonds

I have 1975  821 rear kitchen.  I do not have a cut away.  I have a rectangle matress.  Hope the pictures help.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

billd

Thank you Mccammonds.  I believe my clipper is like yours.  Would you be able to get the dimensions of your mattress please?

Thank you so much,
Bill

mccammonds

The mattress we have in the rig now measures 48" by 84 "
Hope this will help.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

billd

Thank you again Mccammonds.  I forgot to tell you yesterday that your pix were helpful too. 

What thickness do you recommend?  Does anyone know what the original thickness was?