News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Altinator

Started by John Eversoll, April 23, 2010, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hey Jerry-----

Havent talked to you in a while, 

1. altinator..  the more amperage altinator that can be used

on the motor.  Will that have an adverse affect ???  Like over

producing electricity...Is that possible????

The rig came with a 60 amp alt.  now putting a 75 to a 100 amp alt in the rig

will that blow out fuses??? or burn wires ....

Just wondering,   Thanks Bro,   John

mccammonds

I know you ask Jerry but I'll throw my two cents in.

On the newer Alternators we have a voltage regulator that take care of the amount of charging that is need.  The difference on the alternator charging rate only tells us it capabilities to the amount it will put our "IF" the batteries need that amount.  Of course the higher the amount the more and faster the system will be replenished.  If you remember when you have cranked your engine for a good while the  Amp Gauge will show the needle laying over to the right for quite some time.  The length it lays to the right is the actual charging  time need to bring the batteries up to normal.  You should not have to worry any about blowing fuses or burning wires.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

John Eversoll

Great!!!! I just wanted to make sure...

On a trip back from Solvang that needle just pegged it's self to the right.
and never moved!! I had at that time all new batts. and never did find out what the problem was..

Thanks again for the info!!!!   John