News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

News from "Down the Road"

Started by mccammonds, February 01, 2010, 07:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccammonds

I write this item for our Rving folks and a couple of local new papers.  I'll share it with this group.  Would like to cross trails with A.C. owners along the way.

?DOWN THE ROAD?

Last year I told Rose we didn't ever have to go back to Sweet Darlene?s.  Folks that's a local eatery here in Quartzsite.  Well as times change so do some methods and means.  Lo? and behold they have got rid of the Styrofoam plates and they no longer use plastic fork and knives.  The food has always been good  but usually they are standing in line to get in and the tables are packed so the service ain?t very good.  Their service still ain?t very good.    I reckon good food does make a difference.  Rose and I have found our way there way too many times during our stay in Quartzsite.

Last week I went down to the ole? boy with the good drill bits and $26.00 dollars later I had my yearly need for bits.  So I?m here to tell you I?m ready to get out of Quartzsite.

It looked like we had many more visitors this year.  The RV show tent (a big tent just short of a football field size) was elbow to elbow packed for several days.  The vendors this year didn't really impress me a whole lot.  Folks I don't go to an RV show to be bombarded by some Hawker telling me what to use and how to make a delicious salad.  Then the ?pretty? jewelry booths sure didn?t do a lot for me.  Okay get down off your soapbox Loyal!!.

For you folks who are not familiar with this area must understand that no one really actually lives here the year around.  I reckon there might be about a thousand folks that lives here all year.  But, starting about the middle of October the ?snow birds? start arriving.  Almost everyone of them are in RVs.  The total starts to build until after the RV show the third week in January.  Some folks in earlier years have estimated that over a million rigs pass through here during this time of year.  Then in late January we seem to scatter to other spots here  on the desert.    Almost everyone comes down here to escape the cold weather.   

We plan on pulling down to Ajo Monday morning.\

More later ?Down the Road?
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

John Eversoll

Very good artical mccammond!!!!

I must agree with you about the RV SHOWS!!!!!!

Most of the time ya got a yupi that barely knows his
joystick from a jack handle. and he is trying to tell you how to drain the waste tank
even though you have been doing it for years before he was born....

It is almost like the county Carnivals. There are  lot of neet things but then again

ya got the ones that try to bring you in with LOW CUT tops....Those are the ones to stay away from...
I have never been to quartz"  Then agin I can't stand snakes or scorpions....

did that when I was in boy scouts in Tempe AZ back in the sixties....Damn age!

My son keeps telling me that I am older than dirt....I am going to leave him pound of salt in my will"

Wel you guys have a great time in your roading..Hopefully we can do that our self in a few months..

John E