News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Nutn Much

Started by John Eversoll, November 11, 2009, 08:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hey DB 2  I see you...   

Hows the Clipper doing....  Did the radiator repair hold?

Do you want me to send a bottle of the "Bars leak"

take care ,  John :)

prophetdaniel2

Aw Shucks! so much for the hide in plain sight routine.   :D
Actually I have not finished the radiator repair.  :-\ The snow flew already and the the clipper is..well...buried. Figuratively mind you. A few minutes with a snow shovel  would clear things out acceptably, but I have got a Sheetrock project going on at the moment that threatens to consume my  entire R-n-R. One of the five sisters ( wife's side) is moving in from Juneau, and will need one of the unfinished downstairs bedrooms, go figure ::) Room prep has been an all week long affair, as it was previously used as wall to wall storage.
     I did, however, decide to silver solder the radiator me-self! ;D I finally spoke with someone versed in Radiator repair, who informed me that a shop would likely  snip the veins affected by my level of damage and the silver solder to seal the leak. I then cross consulted with a plumber to learn basic silver-soldering technique. I think I am on the right track now, No Offense about the Bars leak ;) I would just feel better leaving Bars leak as a backup plan in case my soldering sucks.
     Alas, clipper hibernation season is upon me. ...................But I lurk on......... 8)
-D

John Eversoll

jUST READING THE NOTE YOU SENT MAKES MY BACK HURT!!!!

Sounds as if you are keeping busey....I beleive that the repair to your radiator will be good

and sounds as if you are doing it the right way!!    Like my late father used to say to me  " what ever you do "do it slow"
and it will be right...  My wife likes the first part!!!!

Hey, keep warm and take care..  Keep in  touch!!   :) ;D  John