News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Gas tank

Started by Big Mac, September 16, 2009, 09:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

I have never used my Clipper yet.  My 76' has two places to put gas in.  But I have spent hours, along with other people, looking for a fuel transfer switch for the tanks.

Is there one or do both gas pipes go to the same tank.  Have not got underneath it to look yet.

JerryT

Big Mac, that one up front is for WATER :) :D ;D
I think all Clippers left the factory with single tanks for starters. I think the extra tanks were added post production but I don't know by who or where. I don't think you have two fillers for the same tank but you might have two tanks plumbed together so they draw down together and not have a transfer valve/switch. That way the gas gauge would read correct in relationship to the fuel used. Take a look under it and let us know.
JerryT

Big Mac

Have not checked yet, but there is a water fill port on the side along with a gas port.  I hope I would not be dumb enough to put gas in the water.

Will check again and let you know.

hastm

Quote from: Big Mac on September 16, 2009, 09:41:13 PM
I have never used my Clipper yet.  My 76' has two places to put gas in.  But I have spent hours, along with other people, looking for a fuel transfer switch for the tanks.

Is there one or do both gas pipes go to the same tank.  Have not got underneath it to look yet.

I don't think any clippers came from the factory with a second tank so most likely, someone added one. Mine is located behind the main 36 gallon tank and holds 16 gallons. I have a 12 volt switch for changing tanks. It should be easy to find the second tank but will require some crawling around under the unit.
Regards.. Mike

Big Mac

Worked on the Clipper today and got it running.

Here is what I found out.  It has two full size gas tanks.  There was an unmarked knob on the dash board.  Push it in and the front tank works, pull it out and the back tank works.

Gas line was clogged and got it running just a few hours ago.

John Eversoll

Wow, 2 gas tanks.......  " Lucky "

I still have the factory small tank.... :(  fill it up here and then fill it up in two hours :( :(

I would love to put in a larger tank.  But where do I go to do that. I was told that It

is aginst the law to put in a larger fuel tank on this year of rig.. :o

My  brother in law is a CHP.  Who knows ,,,,,sigh.........
John

caninecaravan

I fill my gas tank up and then drive for a little bit. Parked the clipper here for about 3 weeks. Came out tonight and the tank reads half-full. Where is the gas going? I don't see any leaks on the driveway. Has me baffled. Anyone got any suggestions? This is getting expensive.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

JerryT

Any teenagers around? I have gotten siphoned a time or two. Tough times around here right now!
JerryT

John Eversoll

87 Octane mouth wash"

:) :)  John

caninecaravan

The gas cap is the locking type and no teenagers around.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

JerryT

My tank (50 gallon) has a drain plug in the bottom, I would look and see if it has any fresh marks on it.
JerryT