News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Give your Clipper away to a neighbor

Started by treetopguy2028, September 17, 2009, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treetopguy2028

For two yrs I was uniquely active in ACOC but from Florida! We bought the Clipper from an individual and made three long trips in it. In 1995 we passed through Marina del Rey, California and looked up Dr. and Mrs. Cornwell and went out for dinner with them. We bought a set of factory photos of the Clipper Assembly Line from Dr. Bob. In 1996 we attended the ACOC National Rally in Blaine, WA. I became active with early versions of the ACOC website and continued contact by mail in 1996 and 1997. Then while caregiving in Albuquerque, NM I kept contact by email. In the summer of 1998 I divorced and moved to Mountain View, Arkansas in October and went silent. I've since remained a member but stayed silent for interest in RVing. My move to Arkansas necessitated returning to work so I could not afford to go anywhere in the Clipper. From 1998 to last summer the unit travelled all of 13 miles following me from residence to residence. In 2003 I bought a house in town and had electrical additions for an RV hookup. The Clipper sat patiently beside my home. I hoped some day I'd get it going again and go camping. In 2006 I started courting again and got married in December 2007. I married a local lady and gradually moved to her house during 2008. By December 2008 it became evident that her larger house is the house to keep and by early 2009 I decided to sell my house. To make the house presentable to sell, the Clipper had to go somewhere. So I gave it away to a neighbor and two days later he gave it away. A few weeks later it was towed to a used car lot then sold to a local friend for $1,000. He wants to restore it so I offered to help him order some parts from the Club. Sometimes one good turn deserves another. What goes around comes around. The house sold in eleven weeks for a nice profit, so the motor home was a key change for this success. My dreams of RVing again are remote but the memories of having and restoring the Clipper will remain forever enjoyable. Perhaps Bill Foster, the new owner, will provide this Clipper another chance to run the road! I have enjoyed my Clipper and truly hated to give it up.

JerryT

Tree top guy
Thanks for the nice post! I am sure glad you got to enjoy your Clipper when you could, and I am sorry that you can't any more. Passing it on instead of letting it rot in some storage place was a nice thing to do, and I agree, nice things will come back to you :) Bob Cornwell moved out east, I was going to stop and meet him last fall but they were gone the week I was in his area, maybe sometime our paths will cross. I wish you well on your new future!
JerryT

treetopguy2028

Jerry T.,
Thanks for your kind response.  :)

Treetopguy2028 (Sherm Anderson)

John Eversoll

:)  Hi there guys!!

Ya know, after reading that post from treetopguy... And I  am very up front@!!!

If ya wrote that out it would make a great mini series!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not kidding--- read it again and see what you think..

Picture David Hazalhoff  being treetopguy!!!

Hope I didn't  offened ya!!!

:) John

JerryT

John
A mini series eh, thats generous, I would be happy with a country western tune for my life!
JerryT

John Eversoll

We would have to get Larry the cable guy to sing it....LOL :)

John Eversoll

Got me some new front seats,
My daughter and I went to Pick ur Part today and did some picking...
Found a gold mine!!!!
A 2007 or 8 Dodge Van!!! The Biggie. It was turned in for the cash for clunkers
program.  You can't get ant motor parts BUT THE INTERIOR is a blessing if you want front seats...... The ride had 27,864.9/10 on the odomiter....

It was the cleanest thing that I have ever seen in a wrecking yard...
When the daughter turned over the seat to take it out a $5 dollar bill
fell out of a crevis in the fabric....
She was so jazzed.
Then I lost her..... she started to look every where for money.
I have the seats in the bolt patern was a little larger for the new seats But with a little help from a dril and new washers and nuts and bolts They fit and are very comfortable.
That is it for me till after surgery take care guys and I will be reading the posts so I can addlib
John E :)

prophetdaniel2

I am SOOOOO jelous of your find John, I HATE my seats!
-D

JerryT

Horst

Seats
Dodge seats aren't the only seats that "fit" - mine came out of a Ford - the stock seats are a bit weak, almost anything is better
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

JerryT

Horst, I agree, the 78 and newer got new/better seats, if I had an older one I would change too! I have chevy van seats in my 64 D100, I can drive that old truck for hours.
JerryT