News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

1977 clipper owner manual

Started by dreedy650, October 05, 2009, 07:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreedy650

Noticed a few people looking for the owner manual. not sure if what i have is what you want but i have the original sales brochure (tells about the coach) i have the original glove box manual for the chassis, and several furnace, stove, frige(i think) manuals. if this helps   thanks Don

JerryT

Hi Don and welcome to the club! This is a nice offer, thanks, people always ask for these.
JerryT

LARRY RAY

Check the post I submitted some time back. Those are only a few of the papers that came with mine about the caoch. I still have all original papers of the original installed equipment from factory. I would post it here, but don't have the time right now. Mybe can edit post later.    http://americanclipperownersclub.com/techforum/index.php?topic=1379.0
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

John Eversoll

Hey Larry Ray, "You could start your own E bay right here!!!!!"
John :)

dreedy650

larry ray, the clipper info (brochure) is great to check out. I was lucky enough to find the full size poster of the clipper on one side and a complete and very good shape brochure on the other. tells everything.    Kind of cool.

John Eversoll

Hey Don, Is the manual the BIG  thick manual???  if so I have it too.

I think I have looked at it twice in 12 yrs.  Probably should really get into it....Not"

I have enough irons in the fire right now!!  My Chevelle  is down, the shifter went south. So I had to pull it out and send it to HURST for them to rebuild.
My daughters Bronco just snaped the front axel.
My wifes Vw, just fried some wires together and I am looking at taking a bus to my Dr appt tomorrow.
Then I have to get some work done on the rig..
There is not enough time in the day to get things done around here.
I wish my daughter would find a guy and get married so he could help.
Not much I can do on my SSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just be happy!!!!
Well, at least the dogs still love me...........
John  :)

dreedy650

hi John,   my manual is not real thick , it is like the glove box owner manual and most of the coach manuals , water heater, stove ect. sorry about all your bad luck, it comes in threes so maybe your done for a while....

John Eversoll

Oh God I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I was going to watch a good war movie But" the wife and daughter have

tackled the Remote and I have sought shelter on the front porch with the computer..

And the dogs...  Have a great day   :)John

Myron M

I am thinking of buying a 21ft, 78 clipper and cannot locate the owners manual. The unit has not been run for 3 years and I would like to know what to look at as far as the operation of the fridge, furnace, water heater, water supply and etc. The owner has passed on and the family has no information.
Any information would be greatly apreciated.

Horst

If you don't know much about RVs - find someone who does and have him/her look it over.
If it hasn't been started, and worse, not MOVED in three years - then you are  going to have a few issues to deal with most likely (tires, bearings, seals, hoses, etc.)
The coach parts of a Clipper  are relatively easy to check out - but you will need to plug into shore power and probably install a new deep cycle battery to test everything properly.
Good luck
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

hey there Horst,
Got a question for ya...
I have  new ----Newer Deep Marine batt for my coach..
Supposofly it is a maint free Batt.   WEEELL.....Dry....
can I just add distilled water to it and charge it up???  140 bucks hurst to throw away!!
The battery is only two years old..John

dreedy650

Hey John, I know your  question was directed to horst but i had the same problem, i added water and wala they are going good again , unsure how long though. My dad always said to add half a asprin to each cell, not shure what that does but has always worked for him.  Hey quick question my clipper has two coach batteries they are stacked on top of eachother ? is that normal ?

John Eversoll

Hi Don,  I have never heard of putting an asprin in each cell.??

and as far as stacking Batts????  I don't know.. I was told that stacking

Batts is not a good idea and rather unsafe..  Unless, they are on a platform

between them. 
Don, You sound like a very nice guy.  Hopefully someday we can meet.

Take care, John :)

dreedy650

Hi John, finally read post about stacking batteries, i may switch this ?? there is a platform between them just hard to get them in and out  the first battery goes into the compartment and actually drops down in a hole for say then the next one goes in on top ?? i thought maybe was normal. who knows. You guys all sound great hope we can meet too someday.  hope you all had good holidays. Been working on my clipper every weekend even though it is winter here, just turn on radio and some heat and go to town. Love this thing, it is made better than any other camp trailer ive owned and my last one was a 2006 (they are so cheap built) the ac is the real deal... 

John Eversoll

Hi Don, my real question is I guess do ya have to have batt....?   can't ya just run of the power converter?

then when ya get to where ya want to go use the shore power.

Yes, I woul dreally like to meet these guys  some day.  While probing aroud inside my rig this afternoon

I found more rotton timer.... this is not looking too good for me right now.  I was just going to

replace the panneling  now it looks like I am going to replace a lot more of the over head framing.

Slow but sure I guess..I just have to make sure the Lp line is in good shape.  I have heard about rotton Lp lines in some of the older Rigs. and there was a spectacular explosion on a high way last month with  rig that had a bad Lp line "on an older rig"

Make sure that yours is safe!!!!!   John