News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Care to recomend a battery?

Started by prophetdaniel2, July 01, 2009, 10:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetdaniel2

What battery do you run under the hood?
Please be as specific as possible. I have a Nappa and Shucks and a Walmart here in Wasilla and plan to upgrade in the next week.

also, when researching Dodge van parts, should I be treating the clipper as though it were a B3500, or what do you recommend? What is it exactly?

Many thanks in advance! 

(gearing up for the trip to Juneau in august. 1400 miles round trip!)
-D 8)

John Eversoll

Hey there Profet--- aaaaaa I run the Firestone

48 month Interstate, You haveing batt probs??

prophetdaniel2

Kindasorta, I bought my clipper with a deep cycle under the hood that has run great. I understand that it shouldn't be there, but if it aint broke don't fix it eh? The reason for the move is that the coach deep cycle is officially dead, and I figured, buy the right under hood bat, and swap out the deep cycles. ::)

John Eversoll

I have a batt problem and havent figured it out yet myself.

The coach batt always goes dead I was told that the alt is the problem but I took it to the auto parts store I have been going to for the last 29 yrs and the alt is fine.
So I be looking else where. Fact is last week I ran into a guy that was running two batts up front
He took out the air conditioner abd put a batt there. don't remember why he did this but he did.
He still had a coach batt as well.
Hey, keep me up to date.    John E.

Khyron

Interesting. I replaced my Van battery with a  AUTOCRAFT TITANIUM  1100 cca battery from Advance auto.

The coach is a series of 3 batterys chained together in a odd fasion. but the seem to work.

John Eversoll

K, that sounds almost like how a golf cart is hooked up.. :)

Right now I am taking a break from the Clipper.  Plus my daughter just got a job..
She wants to join the Army and be a cop.
My uncle is  a retired Gen. and gives his Blessing every chance he gets
Relatives--------------------------------------need I say more

John

Horst

deep cycle as starter battery?? Probably not a great idea.

Coach Battery going dead?
Lots of potential causes - here's one that stumped me (but then again - I'm an electrical dunce so take all advice at your own risk)
Many years ago, my coach battery kept dying after a few days. I'd plug in - recharge, drive the Clipper around to get the battery up, then it would die again. Tried to find the source of my electical "leak" - couldn't find it.

Took it to my local auto electrical pros (Wrights Auto Electirc) and they found it in 30 minutes.
Turns out my bathroom fan was the culprit. It was "on" - but the fan was messed up and not spinning, but still drawing power - and it's a push button switch - so you never know if it's on or off by looking at the switch.
Grrrrr!!!!!!
So I never use the fan anymore - no worries though - my poo don't stinkl
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

"Lucky You" ha ha ha ha ha ha
I'll take your word on it though...

I will look into the areas of the switches and other things inside the coach

Thanks for your input, I really thank you!
John