News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

It could only happen to me!!

Started by John Eversoll, July 01, 2009, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

:o
Oh the events that happen to a person while on VACATION!!!
about six years ago, we were on vacation and headed to flying flaggs
in Beaulton Ca. We towed the 72 Sper bug "Vw"
When we got there, we had already reserved a spot and parked in it.
Then went to check in.  Got back to our spot and started to Unhook the car....This is when it gets crazy!!
"Dummy -- here" for got to put the brake on the car==== Need I say more-- but I will..
I stood up looked away and my LOVING Daughter YELLS Daddy the car-- I looked around and see this powder blue Vw headed for the side of a desil Pusher with the most beautifull painting on the side the car was headed for..  I can still; se the face of the old lady that was watching in the window...
I ran to the car opened the door and jumped in the drivers seat and " SAT" on two fingers which I broke "
But managed to get the car stopped about six feet away from that disaster..My Loving daughter, hops on her bike and tells everyone in the park that "her daddy sat on his fingers and Broke them"
With the help of a fifth of Jack Dan I set my fingers and taped them.  We were sitting in the lawn chairs under the awning enjoying the jack and ice while several folks ame up to see this guy that sat on his fingers and Broke them."  One guy which was a Dr. on vacation came to see how I was doing and said
I had done a real nice job on resetting the fingers.
He sat down and the three of us had a very nice conversation over the jack.   Great vacation... John

prophetdaniel2

Priceless memory! :P
This is something that would totally happen to me! ;)

John Eversoll

Well, then again I just remembered the trip to Talladega for a Nascar race......

Wife and I were on top of the rig when I had to get down to use the bathroom.
Dusty asked me if I needed help and I said No I am fine. Which after fifteen beers and five shots"
I was fine!!!  I turned around and STEP Off the Top of the rig though the Awning which had our
BBQ and other things in place...... The cooler broke my fall....I opened the cooler and got a beer
and watched the race from ground level..  " stepping of the roof of the rig $ 400.
Memories"" Priceless"" plus a couple of scars where they stitched me up.....

Now , this is probably why no one will go camping with me