News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

I too need advice on a purchase

Started by mango, June 14, 2009, 07:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mango

I have found one for sale with under 40K on it and I am wondering if the 1977 with a 44o will be good to me.  I would love to use this for camping for a family of 4 and possibly some friends of the kids.  Yes or no.  I own a 71 bug so I know that things with age can need tlc.  Not sure I want to give the camper tlc, just have fun.  Is the 440 a reliable engine and if it is in good condition what is it worth?

Khyron

I may be out of line here, but if you dont want to give it TLC, buy a new camper.

I took my old girl out for the first time this weekend. For the most part no problems, but as wil any old motor vehicle it will need care and work.

If your not up for it. I would suggest not. If you are a tinkerer, let me be the first to say I love the hell out of this clipper. I'm planning on posting up some pics of owr first outing with here, and for the record, it was in a sea of new RVs and campers and it was cute as a button.

John Eversoll

Hey You can't go wrong with the Clipper!!! We tow our Bug right behind us when we go out of state
or up North. The Bug has been to Iowa Nebraska Texas Arizona and Back to Calif.
No Problems towing the car Even Up some steep hills... I'd keep em both!!!
John