News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Need Advice On Purchase

Started by nshaw, June 14, 2009, 02:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nshaw

There is a 1978 21 ft., rear kit, dodge 440, 87,000 miles, American Clipper for sale where I live. The owner lives out of town so I couldn't see the inside. It needs all new tires as it's sitting for quite awhile and the tires are all cracked on the sidewalls. The rear bumper is pulled out at about a 35 degree angle and the fiberglass panel next to the rear bumper is pulled out. The owner said everything works but needs a new fuel pump and the dash air doesn't work and it doesn't have a generator. He's asking $1,000. Is this a good buy and if so, how much would it cost to get the bumper fixed and the rear panel fixed?

John Eversoll

Tell you right now, walk up to the guy and give him 8 one hundred dollar bills

buy yourself a new fuel pump five gals of fresh gas and drive off.  You both will be happy.

87,000 that be a lot.and you might e looking at a rebuild.  You might be better of just rebuilding the
motor to be safe and secure.  But a grand for the Broken Clipper ?????? 
Yea, I would go a thousand,the fuel pump is a sinch to replace.
Good luck, with the ride!!!!!!!!!

John Eversoll

nshaw, how did the deal go??? let us know what happened
John