News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

my first motor home

Started by houts42, October 25, 2008, 09:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

houts42

salutations!!
OK ... here goes just bought this 78 clipper, model MB300 (440 v8)  ;D and I am wondering where one might find a good place for a used radiator- as it needs one :-\. just found a set of used tires and rims for it. The tires on it are barely there....but! it does run and seemingly OK... water works,tank is new, pump works, shower works, has all its screens. Only missing a few things, like the handle to the stove....think that is it. It does have a replacement fridge/electric. power outlets all work. so maybe some of you clipper heads can help me to find a place that might have a used radiator for it ::).
Also I am sure this motor home has common issues and maybe some of you could enlighten me as to what they might be :-*.    these numbers where on the radiator that I took out, 4039033
Thanks so much for any and all help.
Lynn

AlfLover

Tried to replace mine, but found a snag. Couldn't cross-reference, nor locate a new one easily. Wound up just getting the leak fixed and the radiator flushed out. The radiator shop painted a new black shine on it, and haven't had any problems since. Was relatively cheap compared to getting a new one.

Hope this helps.

ALF

houts42

hey thank you for getting back to me!! ;D
Looks like I will be getting a new core and having the top and old bottom but back on.
Man has it been a ride trying to find a new one-just not going to happen.
trying to get the thermostat housing bolts off hmmmmmm front one- ya OK, but the back one OMG!!!! ::) I cant get anything in there to do the job. what a pain in the ass. :-[
got any ideas????
Lynn

LARRY RAY

There are two solutions to this one. Either loosen and move the AC compressor  a bit or if you have or have access to certain sockets you'll need a shorth swivel impact socket. Many mechanics use them but the one I used was made my Mac Tools. It's still a bit tricky but it's the only one I know of that will fit  becuase of the design. Hope this helps.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

t-man

I removed the thermostat bolts on my dodge 440 with a chevrolet small block distributer wrench it worked fine     good luck
coc# 2765

houts42

the thermostat housing.....OK got it off.
Used a very small 1/4 ratchet but not a ratchet just takes sockets. with a... hmmm 9/16 socket.. I think or what ever size it needed. it's a tight space but this worked with out removing to much.

I did not need to remove the compressor. However I did need to remove a brace just to have some room and 2 hoses right  there to the front and left of the housing. Tested the thermostat- its working. Cleaned up the housing,got a new gasket and its back in.

still waiting on the rebuilt radiator.  so thanks for everyone's help so far but please don't go far as I know you'll be seeing me here more

rowdiebryan

Bought my radiator from autozone for 150.00 and tax, there should be a post of mine on here withte part number, if not email me and I will get the reciept out and give it to you. Mine is a 1977 with a 440 and it was a direct bolt in.

Rowdie