News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

oil pump...where is is it?????

Started by houts42, October 28, 2008, 10:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

houts42

I know, I know... :D but where is the oil pump on my clipper? its a 1978 MB300 sportsman 440 v8?

is it inside the oil pan, up there some where or bolted to the outside some place? does anyone know. :-\ 

tomfridley

the oil pump on a dodge 440 is located on the driver's side on the outside of the engine block. find the oil filter, and you have found the oil pump. the oil STRAINER is located inside the oil pan and does not need to be removed when replacing the oil pump. be sure to prime the pump before re-attaching it, and fill the oil filter with as much oil as possible. because the oil filter mounts horizontally, you can not fill it to the top. failing to prime the pump may cause the pump to not pick up oil from the strainer in the pan causing no oil pressure. watch the oil pressure guage after starting. it will take just a few seconds before oil pressure builds up.