News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

CLIPPER SAILING

Started by mccammonds, October 17, 2008, 07:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccammonds

We just returned for a (by the speedometer) 4596 miles trip.

Lost the alternator in Fort Smith, Ar.  Replaced it in Jonesboro, Ar.  Lost it again in Bartlesville, OK.  The new one went bad between Bartlesville and Englewood, Kansas.

Exchanged the alternator and it made it into Orland with out any problems.

I used two quarts of oil and right now it shows it's a quart low.  Not bad for a 33 year old  360 clunker.
We towed a Suzuki Samurai and got about 8 MPG.

We had many new sounds show up.  I still say it's the speedometer cable.  I do know that I have some exhaust pipes rattling.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED