News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Turn Signal indicators on dash not working

Started by bigray, October 24, 2005, 09:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Hello All,

What would cause the signal indicators on the dash not to work? The actual signal lights are functioning properly; however, I just don't get any indication from the dash.

Any help would be appreciated!

Horst

are the signals working "normally"? - as in the speed and cadence of the blinking?
or - do they seem to be blinking really fast?

Any other indicator lights in the dash not working? (brights, guages, etc.)

Could be a bulb?
Could be a connection on one of the blinkers - I'd check all those first.

Fuse? - especially if there are other dash light issues
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

bigray

Thaks for the reply, Horst! Everything else is working fine. Normal blinking cadence. At one point, one signal indicator worked and the other didn't. Now both of those puppies are out. I can see them blinking when it's dark but during the day when I'm in the hammer lane I need assurance that other guy knows I'm getting ova.

Horst

I'm sure Dopge and GM electronics are different - but I had a similar problem, and it was a ground wire on one of my blinkers (front left)
Might be worth a look - as in loosen them- clean/scrub the ground connector and the area where they attach - and tighten down.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.