News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Emergency tool kit?

Started by LuluLove, October 02, 2018, 05:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuluLove

Hi All-
all you experts out there, I'm sure somebody has that tool list /spare parts you should always have on board. It's one of those lessons learned through tows home, and it would be great to learn the easy way instead of the hard way.

Thanks All!

Toedtoes

It's hard to identify exactly what you need, but the basics are:

Sets of screwdrivers, wrenches, ratchets, etc.
mallet
duct tape
electrical tape
sealant
plumbers tape/putty
variety of screws, bolts, nuts

For spare parts:
ballast resistor
ignition module
belts
anything that you've replaced once and wasn't expensive or huge (don't carry a spare steering gear box but carry a spare coil, etc.)

Basically, you want enough to be able to do a quickie fix that will get you to a shop or home.  And if you have a repeat problem - carry a spare for it so you don't have to worry about it when you're in the middle of nowhere.

For the house, it's easier.  Carry a couple lanterns and/or flashlights so if your lights go out, you can use them.  Carry a soft-sided cooler so if your fridge goes out, you can get some ice and finish your trip.  Carry a couple containers for water so if your fresh tank springs a leak or your pump goes out, you can get water from the campground and use it for everything (including the toilet so you can keep using it).   The trick is to have what you need to finish the trip, then you can fix it when you get back home.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hi Toedtoes,
I Like That, Looks Like Me Who Always Brings
To Much, Your List, I Found I Need To Add A
Few More Things, Good Job Putting That Together.😁

I?m Not Going To Add a lot But You Need To Carry Auto Fuses,
For Clipper House Controller & Also For The Dodge Cab Fuses.

But Remember, If You Have A Chance, It?s Nice To Go Camping Or Even
Just Day RV Use.

Go With A Friend, And If You Need, Parts Or Even Supplies, Feel Free To Ask
For Help, If You Need It.
It Is Real Nice To Camp With More People.

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

I knew there were a few things I missed.  I was depending on you to add them...  ;D

I'll add silicone sealant and gorilla glue.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754