News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

help finding unit number

Started by jolene, March 28, 2018, 03:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolene

My sister and I both have 1978 clippers...We want to know what number they were built in 1978
Do anyone know exactly where to find this info..We did find vin number on drivers door.  We know
it is somewhere between 1 and 1900 .  any help would be appreciated

Toedtoes

The VIN only relates to the chassis. For the coach manufacture, look around the lower half of the coach door. There should be a metal tag with numbers. Those numbers should tell you the production number for that year.

Also remember that the VIN manufacture date is not necessarily the coach manufacture date. They bought the chassis in bulk and then manufactured the coach over the year. So your VIN may say "1978" but your coach may be a 1979.

I don't have my clipper available to take a photo of the tag, but if you haven't found yours within the next few weeks, let me know and I'll get that photo.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

jolene

thanks I will look tomorrow...been trying to find it..i did look on the door jam but so far haven't found it.
On the AC fan page site some have came up with different places but they are all for the chassie or
the Dodge VIN number...One said his number was S3883 but I know in 1978 there were only 1396
made so the number would be from 1 to `1396...sure home we can find our number and I sure
appreciate your help in it.