News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Exhaust Gasket Leaks

Started by Clipper Joe, July 24, 2014, 01:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All,

Just Wanted To Put This Info Out, Some Of Us Clipper Owners Have Had Exhaust Manifold Leaks, Mostly On The Bigger 440 CID Dodge Engines. :-[

I Have Myself, Installed Stock OEM Felpro Gaskets When I Installed Rebuilt Engine.

About 6 Months I Started To Have A Exhaust Leak From Right Manifold.
I Took Off Had Machine Shop Re-Surface & I Went To A High Performance Heat Style Gasket, It Has Worked For Sometime, I Just Notice It Has A Small Leak Again :(

So I Have Been Checking Over The Last Few Months, In Different RV & Mopar Forums,
I Have Found That They Have & Sell A Copper Gasket Set.

Sold By Mr. Gasket- Part# 7167
This Gasket Set Is Not Cheap, About $40.00
I Got From Jegs, You Can Also Get @ Summit Racing, Also Seem On E-Bay.

Going To Give It A Try, Will Keep You Updated On How They Work..

Joe     
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Clipper Joe

Hello All,

Well I Got My Copper Mr Gasket Exhaust Gaskets # 7167, Installed Them Today, When I Had The Manifolds Off, I Bought Some High Temp Covers & Put Them Over spark Plug Wires, Just Trying What I can Do To Reduce Some Of That Excess Heat That That 440 Dodge Engine Puts Out, Should Help.

Here Is Another Small Note:,
The Manifold To Tailpipe Also Has A Gasket, I Have Found With The High Temperature That Is Produced There, I Found A  A High Temp. Gasket Set From O'Reilly's & I Added A Double Layer Of Aluminum Tape Trying To Get A Better Seal, Will See How This Works Out & Will Post A Update In Future On How This Works Out. ::)     

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher