News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

furnace and the "On" switch

Started by Armhook, November 10, 2013, 08:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armhook

We are working on our furnace and are new to the Clipper world.  If we follow the directions listed on the back of the panel it tells us to turn on the switch and shows a picture of the switch, however there is no switch in the area at all. There is the red dial which has an off, pilot and on position. The diagram clearly shows it is something different.  Can someone help me locate this On switch? We have a 77 model.
78 Clipper

Doug & Lynn

Clipper Joe

Hello & Welcome Armhook To ACOC,

We Also Have a 1977 Dodge Rear Kitchen Clipper.
Is Your Furnace a Suburban Unit.?

These Units Should Have a Auto Ignitor by way Of Thermostat.

What you are Speaking About, Sounds Like The 6 Gallon Water Heater Next To Side Entry Door.
Can You Upload A Photo? And I Will Be Able To Help Better.

Also, Try & Join The National Clipper Club.
There Are The Members Post On This Web Site.

His Member Name Is: Caninecaravan 

Hope This Helps & Welcome & Good Luck,

Joe & Denise
ACOC# 3749

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Armhook

Thanks Joe and Denise,
   I will have to check out which kind I have tomorrow. I figured it was some sort of auto ignitor. We sent off our check and application into the American Clipper Club a few months ago, but have not recieved anything yet in the mail.  Is that the same as the national club?  Thanks for your help. If it is a Suburban type unit, are there any directions for getting it going?
78 Clipper

Doug & Lynn

Sfine

When I first got mine...I could light the pilot, but no blowing heat until I found a small black toggle switch further back in the unit. The fame will not ignite until the fan switch was on.
There also might be a small metal slide igniter on the inside top, it just looks links a square..can't even tell what it is until you push it to ignite the pilot.  As some say there are some auto lights. Mine is a 79 and I have to manually light it, guess it depends on the model.   Just poke around more...!... Good luck
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Armhook

SFine - Thanks I found it! got the heater working and I will have a happy wife.
Now I've got to find where the converter is located.
78 Clipper

Doug & Lynn

Sfine

Happy wife= Happy life !
Happy to help...enjoy
Steve
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Hello Doug & Lynn also Steve,

These Posts & Responses Helps All of Us Clipper Owners.
In Future We Hope We May Be Able To Add
A Section or Link To Go To & Get Info Like This.

Doug You Asked about Converter, it Should be on Right Side Below Seats or Long Bed.
You Said you Have a 1977 Clipper That is The Same Year We Own.

I Have Since Changed My Power Converter From Orig. To A Larger Progressive Dynamic & Add a Progressive Dynamic Transfer Switch for 110Vac Shore Power & Generator Power
The Power Converter Has A lot of 12 Vdc Circuits & Extra 110 Vac Breakers .

The Transfer Switch is Just a Current Transfer Relay
It Keep you From Using Both Electrical Sources @ Same Time, Works Real Good.

Joe   
ACOC#3749

Clipper Joe

Hi Doug,

Glad To Hear You Found The Switch For Furnace. Also As Steve Stated Its Great To Have The Warmth That Keeps Our Wives Happy.
I Know My Wife Has Let Me Spend A Little Extra On Our Clipper, Had To Show Her The End Result When It Was All Restored. She Approved.... :-*

I Wanted To Ask You If You Found Model & Ser.# Of Your Furnace? If So Can You Upload To The New Thread That Toedtoes Has Added. So We Can Star Building Data To That Area. ;D

1.) We Need To: State Year Of Clipper & Model Of Clipper I.e. 821-Fit Floor Plan   Model I.e. Dodge Chevy & Engine Size 360 CI, 400CI , 440 CI :)

This Will Be A Good Start... Also I Know That Shayne Has Comprised A Post With Many Parts From A Old Member Who Has Passed Away, This Info Is Very Valuable, Need To Make Sure These Part # Are  Still Good. I Will Try & Help Toedtoes Our New Web Administrator, With This.

****************************************************************************************************************

She Has Taken On A Big Project & I Know Her Plate Is Full Right Now, In Time We Will Have The Best RV Web Base Site.

So All American Clipper Owners, Please Give Our New Administrator A Warm THANK YOU For All Your Hard Work.. ;) ;) ;)

Thanks For Viewing,

Joe & Denise 
ACOC # 3749   
ACOC#3749