News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Coleman Suburban furnace in my 77 Clipper

Started by Richard Peterson, October 28, 2013, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Peterson

Does anyone know what the model no. of the furnace we have in our Clippers is?  My furnace needs some parts and it would help to know the model. :)
Richard Peterson

Toedtoes

Hi Richard,

I just checked my papers and unfortunately, the heater is the one item I don't have any paperwork for.

I do believe that you have either a Coleman OR a Suburban.  I was told at the rally this weekend, that the Suburban is much easier to do repairs on - some repair shops won't even bother trying to repair a Coleman.

Hopefully someone else will be able to provide additional information for you.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello Richard & Toedtoes,

When I Get Back Home I Have A PDF Manual On The Clipper Suburban Furnace, It Has Parts & Trouble Shooting.
Off The Top Of My Head, I Think Don't Hold Me To It, SF-30Q 12Vdc & Quiet It Is 30,000 BTU Model, They Are Not Cheap About $600.00 + Shipping 

We Bought A Small Portable Space Heater, Cost $29.00 @ Our Local Hardware Store. The Only Draw Back You Have To Have 110Vac, I Think You Maybe Able To Get A 12Vdc One. It Sure Save Your LPG Useage. ;D

I Think You Can Go To American RV Company Web Site & Give Your Measurements.
They Are In So. Calif.
Contact# 626.513.4777

Hope This Helps,
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Richard Peterson

Thank you guys for the information.  I have been able to find the model no. and also the two parts I need to restore the furnace.  The model no. is: Suburban NT 12-31 or NT 12-16.  The parts I needed were a burner tube gasket part no. 70304 or 70305 which I obtained on E-Bay from LTDRV Parts in Michigan and a blower tube crossover pipe part no. 50475 or 50474 which I obtained from Laurelhorst Distributers in Portland.  This furnace is obsolete as you might imagine and Suburban will not even send me a parts breakdown as they are not permitted to do so once an appliance has been discontinued.  If you find a maintenance manual with pictures of the parts and where they go, I would appreciate getting a copy from you.
Richard
Richard Peterson

Toedtoes

There is going to be some work done on the website in the near future - trying to get it organized with a better breakdown of subjects, etc.  We will have a section for folks to identify what manuals they have - the hope is that we can all share the information and send pdfs of parts or all as needed to other members on request.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754