News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Mr Heater experience

Started by sandeelfly, September 26, 2013, 05:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandeelfly

My furnace quit...Has anyone had experience with the Mr Heater or equivalent as an option to replacing the furnace?
Thanks
NAVY Veteran
Naval Security Group
1969-1979
Retired, now Fly fishing and oil painting.

prophetdaniel2

Good morning sandeelfly,
     I don't have any experience with mr. Heater, but have dealt with my furnace problems successfully so far. Which furnace do you have: suburban or Coleman? I have the suburban.. First issue I had was the igniter board went out, replaced it with one from dinosaur electronics. Easy swap, except for the actual removal of the furnace.
     Second problem I've had which still plagues me : the sail switch sticks in the up position due to crusty corrosion falling into it. I need to pull the furnace and try and rebuild/ clean it.... Again..
     Unfortunately I was unable to afford the time and money this summer to get my Bessie out and about... Roof leak, furnace, kitchen faucet, general maintenance ... A long list of issues, only growing longer, and now it's time to mothball the clipper till next year before the snow flys. Alaska has not been kind to me this year insofar as camping goes.

So what is your furnace behaving like that you need to replace it?