News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Rv roof repair advice needed.

Started by prophetdaniel2, August 08, 2012, 05:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetdaniel2

Ahoy sailors! I hope you are all out enjoying your clippers...cuz its pretty quiet here these days.

My question is not clipper related, but I know some of you will help me advise my mother regarding her campers roof.... Which leaks  :( surprise surprise... It's the common style of construction. She did some work attempting to seal it up, no dice.. My thought is to get a large quantity of rv roof sealant (or bed liner?) and seal the whole thing, over the seams and top part of the wall. Is this a doable solution? She has 0$ invested in it and has as much to spare to repair it. I was considering making the trip to Maine to do this for her... But would like some of your opinions first. Thanks in advance for any comments!
Cheers!

bulldog 1995

I used to work for a rv rental shop. What we would did with these is after we removed the old roof we would replace any bad ply in the roof than glue a rubber membrain to the roof. That is how the modern RVs are sealed up up top. I belive that firestone makes a membraine that will work for you and any roofing supply store can get you a roll. you could also contact local roofing contractors to get some as it's used in commercial flat roofs alot. It's a fair amount of work but when done it lasts a long time. best of luck - Robert
77 821 FCIT Dodge 440 w/less then 30,000 miles

caninecaravan

My clipper leaked around the vents when I got it last year. I got a tube of RV roof sealant ($14.00), scraped away the old sealant and resealed it.  My son did most of the work since he weighs about half as much as I do  ;D. I stood up on the bed area with my head out of the large vent to give directions. No more leaks after a few hours work and little $ spent.  :D

Michael.

(Sharing Canincaravans acct.)
canine caravan ACOC #3552

John Eversoll

Hi Dan, Long time .... I been busy here at the property and have now found the time to sit down for a few ..  This retirement thing is crazy!!!   I have been more busy now than I was before I retired...
Nine acres to clean up and get the burn piles ready for the winters burn..   I have been splitting wood for the past three weeks and have just about reached my limit.....
I fell four trees on my property about three months ago and split just about3/4 of the stuff and still have more to go...  right now the temp has dropped down to 40 and I think it is going to get lower.  Last night it was somewhere around 30.. My fish pond froze over in some spots.  Will work on my beast next spring
and summer..  Hope all is well with you and yours..  Guess that new one has grown a bit..  Take care, John