News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

just don't know how to work the gas fridge.

Started by 75clipper, August 24, 2006, 10:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

75clipper

just don't know how to work the gas fridge, does anyone know or have one, thanks

1975 Dodge 440
rear kitchen

Bruces

I have a 12 volt/115vac/gas frig..... to run on Gas 1st make sure you have Propane connected at the frig. and that the seal is good on the connection.  2nd select "Gas" on the front of the frig. and set the thermostat in the mid range.  3rd  Hold down the pilot valve /gas valve on the front of the frig and at the same time push the igniter button to start the piolot/ burner. Push the igniter several times and make sure you hold the pilot valve open for about 30/45 seconds to give the burner time to heat the sensor to keep the gas flowing.  Go to the back and check thru the little metal window for a flame.  If there is no flame try again or maybe there is a problem with the igniter.  My frig actually works the best on Gas.....

USNRetired

I'm a two week owner of the 1977, Dodge 440, 21', Party Model.

My Fridge Works Great on gas as well, but the igniter on the front bottom left is missing a control.  So, I went around outside, opened the access and saw two covered ports.  One was access to the pilot light, the other to the pilot lever, the one you have to pull out on in the front bottom.  Strike a match, lift up on the pilot lever, stick the match through the hole on the right and light the pilot light.  Just like your home water heater, hold the pilot lever up for a bit until things warm up and then release.  The pilot should remain lit.   I don't need no stinkin' pezio (pizio??) igniter!

Now, if I could just get the darn thing to work on electricity.  I followed the directions and the Fridge just doesn't get cold or even cool.  Any suggestions?
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

Horst

Electrical dunce here  - my suggestions are typically obvious/lame.........
How long did you wait to determine that the fridge wasn't "running" on electrical? (It takes many hours for it to cool down on electrical - at least mine does. Gas is much quicker - 12 volt is pretty much a waste of time)

Maybe plug it in, switch to electric, and let it run overnight (make sure your rig is level) - if no cold - then you start hunting (fuses, breakers, wiring, etc.)
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.