News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

What year is exempt from smog

Started by John Eversoll, July 04, 2009, 12:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hi there since the rig is down I have the rig as NoN-op
But I was wondering what year is the last exemp... Mine is a 77

shouldn't that be about the last year?????  Passing smog with a new motor should be no problem
I just have enough on my plate right now to worrie about this.
Thanks,  John

Horst

In Calif - 1975 is the last year for no smog required  - that's why I love mine!
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Crap---- I was hoping that they would have increased the year
John

Horst

They were supposed to do that (move up the year)  - the original plan was to have any vehicle 30 years or older be smog exempt - but then the do-gooders and CARB and others,  other got that over-turned - and instead set a the date at 1975 - which was a compromise because they really wanted to turn it back to the 60s!! Thanks to several  Vintage car clubs, and with an assist from Jay Leno, the environmental wackos were stalled - at least for now.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Figures that some freek would ruin it for me!!!!

I have a 77.................................................

John

Horst

there are a few tricks to "getting passed" smog - there are a few counties (I think) in California that have no smog requirement - get a post office box there, yada yada - you get the picture - I almost did that back when mine still had the smog requirement.......
Horst
ACOC  #2961

Khyron

this is what I love about NY, 85 and higher have smog requirements. My Clipper will be getting a new set of heads, Intake, carb, and i'm going to replumb the while motor. There is about 50hp to be found on this motor ;)

John Eversoll

Khyron, sorry it has taken me soooo long to get back to ya!!!
I guess my motor is ready to be paid for but I will do that in three installments.
The guy that rebuilt the 440 told me that it now has a 150 more hp.... and that is with the stock carb.
he did change the cam and the valves< sodium filled.... so I can run on regular gas.... He shaved the heads
too..he did tell me tha there should be nooo hill I can't climb in this rig..  I just hope that with all the improvements
that the rig is going through I can have some fun with it.  As it was we would pass cars on the frwy now we car
pass them on the hills.....Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Take care, John E. ;D