News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Parting ways with our Clipper

Started by Horst, November 01, 2014, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

We've finally decided to sell it, after almost 17 years.
It's a sad day, but we're switching to a 4-wheel drive truck and camper combo.
It's a 1975, 360.
Look at some of my previous posts you'll probably find some pics.
I'll post a link to the Craigslist ad, and post in that thread as well.
$4,000

here's the link
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/rvs/4741626313.html
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Toedtoes

Sorry to hear you're giving up the clipper, Horst!  I know you've put a lot of love into it.  I have the same year, engine and floorplan, and I think it's the best out there.  ;D
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Horst

It's sold.
Feels really weird........wife started crying a little as it drove off down the road.
We've owned it almost 16 years. Nothing lasts forever.
We're switching to a 4WD truck with camper set-up.
More off-road, snow, and back country stuff for us for the next several years.
New owner is going to really cherry it out, so that makes me feel good........went into good hands.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Sfine

Well you gotta think how happy the new Clipper owners must be right now, it's a beauty.
What more could they cherry out ?!?!?! :)
I was just going to forward your Craigslist link to a friend who's interested in a Clipper and saw I was too late. Good for you, and as you said, got 16 happy years with it. I can see how your new rig will get you places you might not even think of in the 'Ol Clipper.!   Enjoy!
I noticed how you had put a swivel chair and cut the back wall lower for access. Great way to make space in an unused chair. Is there a post in here somewhere explaining how you went about it? I think I'd like to set ours up that way.
Safe travels,
Steve
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Horst

Hi Steve,
Those chairs came out of a late 90s Custom Ford Van.
They did NOT swivel around.
But it was very quick and painless (four @ 1/2 inch nuts) to lift the chair up and spin it around to face backwards when we camped.........would take me less than 2 minutes.
Those seats are WAY better that stock Clipper seats. They had arm rests, could tilt them back a bit.
When driving, you would have your hands at 4 and 8 oclock on the steering wheel, with your elbows resting on the armrests - VERY comfortable for extended cruising.
New owner is basically fixing up some minor issues (he's a top notch professional mechanic).......and he already owns a Clipper that he's using for certain parts he's going to install on "mine".....namely a gas tank, hitch reinforcement system, and a propane fuel system, so he'll be able to switch between gas and propane on the fly.....................that's a cool mod!!
He'll probably tighten up the steering, fix a few electrical bits, make some suspensions mods, etc.........................I suspect in 12 months it will probably be one of the most awesome Clippers out there.
Horst
ACOC  #2961