News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Would you sell your Clipper for $10,000 cash?

Started by Clipperlover10-04, July 24, 2014, 08:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipperlover10-04

Ive had my clipper for about a year now. I haven't put a lot of money into it yet, and someone offered me $10,000 cash for it. Would you take the cash? Or would you keep the best motorhome ever built? I myself would rather have an amazing piece of history than money, and I would just buy another clipper and put the profit into it anyway! After all, there were only 342 1979s made.
1979 Dodge 440, 821 SK-FCIT, 50,000 original miles
ACOC 3765

Clipper Joe

Hi ClipperLover,
I Know What You Mean, I Have Had ' Wilson ' Since Mar.2001 & Have Put So Much In It With All Modern Upgrade & Re-Built Motor/ Trans, Brakes, Paint New Interior, New Vents, Back-Up & Side Camera System, New Woven Custom Blinds & Valances, New Floor, Kitchen Cabinets & Draws, Pull Out Drawers In Pantry & Closet, New Power Controller & Golf Cart Batteries, & Re-Worked Generator, Not To Mention All My Labor. :P My Wife Said I Could Of Bought A Class A New Motorhome, With A lot More Room With Slide Outs..

I'm Like You These Are Well Built RV's I Wish The Owners Before Me Would Of Taken Better Care Of It Before. Thats Why I Have Told People To Really Check Out RV Before Buying One, Make Sure To Get A Well Maintain Unit. It Will Be Worth The Price Up Front. All The Work For A Cheaper Will Cost You In The Long Run :-[

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

No way.  I love my clipper.  It is a perfect fit for me and my camping style.  It has a style that other RVs don't.  And it's a DODGE!!!!!

I have looked at a TON of other RV layouts just to check things out.  Not one of them makes me happy like the clipper's layout does.  Travel trailers, truck campers, class Cs, class As, etc. - they just don't do what the clipper does.

Even while I wait for mine to come home from the hospital (we're getting close), he is still the best RV I could ever have wished for.  He makes me smile like his porthole.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipperlover10-04

Yup, I just haven't spent enough time with William to decide to sell him, even for a large sum of money, I feel like I would be losing a part of the family. And yes, DODGE!!, all the way! Thankfully mine was well taken care of,  so I dont want to get rid of it at all. Thanks for the responses.
1979 Dodge 440, 821 SK-FCIT, 50,000 original miles
ACOC 3765