News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Clipper Price

Started by LARRY RAY, April 18, 2014, 05:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARRY RAY

Just curious as to the asking price of a 1978 Dodge Clipper. As far as I know it's all original. AC works, all appliances work, everything. Generator Onan 4kw runs well. Flooring is vinyl instead of carpet. 98000 miles  440 rebuilt transmission, fairly new tires by that I mean they are a few years old, but has been under cover for as long as I have owned her. Runs like a top. does have a slight vibration at highway speed, but myself and several mechanics have yet to determine where it is so I just quit worrying about it. Basically she's in top notch condition just needs someone to own and enjoy. I'm just getting to old to do it any longer. So what might you feel is a fair price? Thanks   One more item. Has door side awning.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

Toedtoes

From what I've seen, running clippers out there for sale have generally run between $3000 to $8000, depending on condition.

Most of the ones under $5000 appear to require some work to the engine or technical areas.  Those may also have had remodeling done to change the actual layout (see the stickied clipper post for an example).

Over $5000 and it should be in "ready to roll" condition with no work needed, or only minor cosmetic work.

I'm sorry to hear you're letting her go, keep us posted here and we'll do our best to help find her a good home.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello Larry Ray,
Sorry To Hear You Are You Selling Your Clipper.
These Are Amazing RVs,
Toedtoes Hit The Mark. The RVs That Are Lower In Price Have Major Problems, A Handyman Or Mechanic Can Sure Bring It Back To Life.

But With Gas Prices, Most Are Going With Smaller Engines & Ultra Light Trailers, If They Already Have A Tow Truck.

I Have Said In Past Posts, If I Had To Do It Again I Would Have Found A Clipper With Lower Mileage & Better Maintained.

I Have Done A lot To Get It To Where We Feel Safe In It, Have Changed A lot, Time & Last But Not Least Money. We Have Put About $8000.00 with Engine & Trannie Over Haul.
New Fridge , Power Supply Controller & all New Interior Work.

Can You Post Some Photos?
& What State You Live In. I Have A Good Buddy Looking For A Clipper.

Joe
ACOC# 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher