News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Tech Info For Clipper Windows >> Hehr

Started by Clipper Joe, August 11, 2014, 09:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All Clipper Owners,

This Is A Small Tip On Our Clipper Windows. While At Last Clipper Rally In French Camp.
I Had A Chance To Speak With Our Supply Officer: Mel Guerrera ACOC# 2864, We Talked About Many Clipper Issues. The One Thing That I Did Not Know Was; You Should Never Drive Your Clippers With You Side Windows Open, He Stated That It Is Not Built For That, The Hehr Crank Mechanisms Will Break While Driving. I Have Always Cracked Mine A Little To Bring In Fresh Air In.
You Can Order The Window Cranks For Hehr Windows From ACOC Supply Parts. He Also Has Beading & Handle Knobs Also.

You Can Also Go To All-rite.com (1 831.636.9566) There Is Also A Link On Home Page. They Carry Window Bead For Around Windows @ 1.90 Per Foot. Use 1/8" Beading.. ;D
It Comes In Black, Gray Is No Longer Being Made.

I Now Have Covers On My Roof Vents, So I Can Drive Now With Bath, & Kitchen Vent All Up Position. I Was Able To Get These Cover At A Very Cheap Price @ Walmart. ( This Will Be Next Month Topic. )

Getting Back To Windows, The Glass Is Made From Safety Glass & Some Clippers Have A Small Tint To Them. I Have Had To Replace My Front Above Cab Window Glass, Owner Before Me Had A Crack In It, He Put A Good Sam Sticker Over It. :-\ What A Jerry Rig I Replaced With A Darker Shade Of Tempered Glass, Also Went 1/16" Thicker For A Little Stronger Glass, Happy On How It Turned Out. Most Glass Shops, Can Cut & Make Any Of The Glass In Clippers, I Had To Wait A Few Days Longer To Have It Tempered, Was Well Worth The Wait.

Another Thing To Note: Our ACOC Supply Office Mel Has A Lot Of Salvage Clipper Parts, Taken Off Clippers, that Have Been Salvaged, Wrecked, Or Have Catch On Fire. Ouch :-[  Please Check With Him At One Of The Rally's, Or If Out Of State, PM Him, You Will Have To Pay Shipping Costs, Check with Him When You Are In A Bind.

Hope This Has Been Helpful, Please Feel Free To Add Info, Will Try &
Add A New Tip Topic Each Month.  ;)
Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher