News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Replacement Fridge To Rm2510.2 Dometic Refridgerator/Freezer

Started by Clipper Joe, May 11, 2014, 08:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All,

Have Been Working With Ed From Colorado(Fellow Clipper Owner), He Is In The Process On Changing His Orig. RM66E Fridge,
He Got A Great Deal On A RM2510 3 Way Fridge.

All Though There Are A Few Modification To Be Made, I Feel Ed Is Right On Tract He Has A lot Of Mechanical Skills, Should Be Find. I Will Post The Changes To Cabinet & LPG Line. I Have Changed My Fridge With The Same One Ed Has Just Got. 

The Coils On The New Fridge Is On The Top, While Old Unit It Is Much Lower, So With Contour Of Side Of Clipper, You Have To Add 1-1/2"-2" Spacer Trim Wood @ Front Of Fridge Cabinet, I Painted It Black & Looks Good. The New Fridge Is Also A little Higher, So You Have To Raise Cabinet Shelf & Cut A Little Off Door Above Fridge.

I Also Told Ed It Is Easy To Remove Passenger Seat, & Remove Old Fridge & Bring In With Help The New Fridge. The Clipper Rear Door Is Not Large Enough To Fit The Fridges.   

Also, Most Fridges Do Not Come With Front Door, I Bought A Black Grained One From My Local Plastic Outlet. You Can Also Us A Wood Plywood Panel From Home Depot, Stain Or Paint To Cabinet Trim Color. They Give You The Proper Cut Size With Fridge Manual.

Will Try & Make-Up A Outline Procedure On This Change Over, & Post A Few Photos.

If You Have Replaced Your Fridge, Please Add Your Remarks.

Will Be Talking To Ed Again Next Week To See How He Is Doing On This Project.

Please Pm Me If You Need Any Help On This.

Joe
ACOC# 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Tequache

Don't look like I will get it in till next week. have removed the shelve and done some measurement put in some new fiber glass insulation
     getting the clipper ready to move out front of gate will be easier to open the door to install rifer. getting antsy to get that part over with
then check out water system then taker out on maiden voyage.
      Thanks Clipper Joe for the info.

Ed
76 440 Dodge 821f RK  ACOC# 3774

Tequache

Up date, the new refer is in spot! now have to add new trim in front and cut the cabinet door and hook up. now did a check on water system and discovered I had a leak. just happened to be under bathroom floor  dang so that's next to be continued.

Panel Pete

Ed,
  Post some pictures of the installation when your finished, I'm curious to see the fit of the new fridge.
Thanks,
Pete
440 powered 77' Clipper, model 821FC

Nothing is fool proof to a talented fool.......

Tequache

Will do Pete, it will be after I get the bath room floor done and the trim on the refer.
Don't know how pretty it will look lol.

Tequache

Ok some good news, leaks in water line in bath room have been repaired the floor has been redone. Now on the refrigerator. its hooked up and trim is done. it is working great. have tried it on 12volt, 110 and propane works great on all.
Took Clipper Joes advice and that was a case of sticker shock let me tell you! around $4.40 per gallon. Highway Robbery for sure.had a couple of friends bring it in through the passenger side door . good advice, thanks Clipper Joe. Now gave her(Daisy) her first bath and cleaned her up inside. getting ready for her first camping trip some time next week. took her down to fill the propane tank, what a shock $49.79 for 11.3 gallons of propane!!!
    Will post some pics on the refer installation soon. just have to figure out how. Again thanks to Clipper Joe for all the help and advive through this whole thing.

Ed& Nancy

Toedtoes

Don't stress too much on the cost of the propane - that one tank will last a good long time. 

I've run my fridge, water heater and stove without conservation for 8 days and didn't put a dent in the propane.  If you're using it for the heater, you'll see the use, but for the rest, it's miniscule.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello Ed & Nancy,
Glad To Hear Your Fridge Is In & All Is Great,
Now No Excuse For Hot Beer :D

Yea Ed Propane Is Costly, Like Toedtoes Said, Last A Long Time.
I Have A Small Catalytic Heater 110Vac for Real Cold Nights When Hooked Up at RV Sites.
The Furnace Is A LPG Hog, But Fridge & Water Heater Not Bad.

Hope You Can Send A Few Photos Of Fridge Installed.
Did You Have A Chance To Get A Few Photos of The Piping While You Had Floor Open? :o

So Now ( Daisy) Is All Clean And She Is Happy Now :-*

Have You Had Any Trips Yet?

Sept. We Are Having A Few Clippers For A Week Of Dry Camping, In No. Calif. Lake, Fish,Fun & Sun,

Keep Us Updated & Happy Clippering,

Joe & Denise

ACOC#3749

Tequache

Clipper, in 2 wks we are taking Daisy out for her maiden voyage. didn't open up floor and did not put all new gas
line in just added a new piece, used 3/8s thick wall tubing. will post pics just as soon as I can figure out how to do it. lol
enjoy your dry camp trip.

Ed & Nan

Clipper Joe

Hi Ed & Nancy,

Ed Fridge Looks Great, would Like To See Photo Of Rear Fridge Compartment?

You Can Call Dometic & Buy A Extended Warranty, Real Worth It,
They Have Many Service Centers All Over US.

On A Scale Of 1-10 How Will You Rate Fridge Install?

Hope You & Nancy & Daisy Have A Great Camping Outing,
Let Us Know How Your MPG Goes, I Know You Are On In Mid West,
But It Is Go To See. For Others, Steve Fine & Me Are Trying To Do Something On Our Clippers, To Reduce Some Of That Cab Temperture, Will Keep You Updated On Our Progress.

Again Have A Safe Trip ;)

Joe & Denise
ACOC#3749