News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Replace Battery Isolator

Started by cfcatt, October 18, 2011, 09:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfcatt

Has anyone had to replace their battery isolator? My house battery is not charging from the alternator or from the generator and I believe I have narrowed it down to the isolator.

I have what looks to be a 3-pole Tekonsha battey isolator with a small sort of box on top; I have found the Isolator itself online but I don't know what the box does (switch?). Any help is greatly appreciated. Photo attached.

cfcatt

I think I have answered my own question; I found a wiring diagram on the internet and the box attached to the top appears to be a 30a auto-reset circuit breaker. So I'll get these and see if that was the problem. I will attach the schematic to this email.

JerryT

That breaker if bad would stop the engine from charging but not the generator from charging. If you have power on both terminals of the c.b. then it is not your problem. Have you checked the battery water? And also dirty battery connections?

JerryT

cfcatt

Battery is new with good connections. Will pick-up the new isolator and c.b. today and go from there; thanks for the reply!

cfcatt

Success! The new isolator and circuit breaker are installed and system appears to be working properly now. Also I learned what the toggle switch is for next to the ignition on the dashboard; it bypasses the isolator so you can use the house battery to help start the engine if needed.

John Eversoll

Boy I would love to see these things my self!~!!!!!

JerryT

Glad to hear your up and running!
JerryT