News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

76 Dodge 440 model 821F ---blow-outs

Started by , May 09, 2006, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A number of the posts have mentioned frequent blowouts of the duallies.  Is this a common problem or just some people running older or under-inflated tires?
Chris

Shayne

I would say you are right.  Either old, under inflated or under rated tires.

Also, if you have a blowout, it tends be a new worthy event people want to share.  Get on other RV message boards and see how many blowout threads you find.. LOTS.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Horst

old AND under-inflated being the worst and deadliest combo

we have all taken our turns preaching about tires - but the short version goes like this:

AGE is very important in determining the health of a motorhome tire - 5 years is about it (unless it's stored indoors - then maybe 6 or 7 tops) - learn how to determinr the age ofg a tire using the DOT code on the sidewall

Can't tell you how many times I've seen people running on 10 year old tires - bragging about how much tread is left on them...........a disaster waiting to happen........
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Shayne

Quote from: "Horst"Can't tell you how many times I've seen people running on 10 year old tires - bragging about how much tread is left on them...........a disaster waiting to happen........

When I bought my Clipper in 2000, it still had THE ORIGINAL TIRES ON IT!  23 years old and oh yeah, they still had lots of tread  :D

Original belts and hoses too :shock:
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146