News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Cure for Clipper hot foot

Started by clockwork, February 16, 2009, 06:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockwork

Morning all;
If your Clipper gives you the hot foot on longer drives this mat will help:
http://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Tec-14100-Cool-Insulating/dp/B00029KCW0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1234795572&sr=1-3

It will give you enough to help with your passenger side as well.

Dave

pilotdiana

Thank you for the tip.  The heat coming from the engine housing kills me.  I can't believe I never head anyone complain before, but I've never met up with any of the Clipper members either on the road trips.  I will definitely buys this stuff.  Thanks again.

John Eversoll

Hi there clockwork,
I am not sure if this is the same stuff.  But I had bought this same type of material and it caught fire
I wrote the company and they sent a guy out to check out the doghouse and the material and he in turn gave me a check for $150.  Basicly Hush money"  cuz I have never heard from them again
Maybe I was just the unlucky one or the 1 in a thousand. any way just giving my in put.  Where have you been ??? havent seen a post from you in a long time....
John

clockwork

Hello John;
        I'm still around- just haven't done much to the Clip since the ceiling repairs. I did install a stereo with the sub mounted under the jack knife and the amp/satellites housed in the overhead cabinets that sounds pretty sweet. The black snake I nearly stepped on while acquiring refreshment from the Clip's refer after a hot day of yard work was probably worthy of mention.   
   I only use the material under the floor board carpet- there is a similar product that is specifically designed for zero clearance high heat apps:

http://www.amazon.com/Floor-Tunnel-Shield-Zeroclearance-Barrier/dp/B000OUW0SQ/ref=pd_sbs_auto_5

JerryT's doghouse ram air mod is  best at keeping doghouse temps down.

dave

John Eversoll

Hey Clock, yea that is something I have to attend to is the ceiling I have a Nasty leak around the Escape hatch top side and the wood and panneling had rotted sooo I am in the process of removing the cieling to repair the damage. The matress is totally gone, But, I have made new curtins for all the windows....YIPEEEEEEE. The side panneling is going slow. At some points I wish I had not started this project.  Then again I am at a point that I have nothing to do. So The wife kicks me out side with the dogs and tells me to do something.
At least she opens the door for dinner.... And watch out for them snakes!!!!!]
I hate snakes.  Killed three rattlers when we were on our property in  Oregon two years ago with my trusty shot gun. The snake tried to bit the barrel-------Last mistake he ever made!! Plus I had to buy some new shorts
after that..
Later gater---- John :)

JerryT

Hi Dave
I have used some heat barrier that looks just like that from D.E.I. It's good stuff. I tried a small piece on the right exhaust manifold heat guard "tin sheet metal" I stuck it on so as the shiny side was about an inch away. It stayed on and didn't burn up, I left it for two years and then peeled it off. I have it on the inside of my dog house and have used it to shield the speedo cable from the exhaust. It's not cheap but it's good.
JerryT