News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

"New" 76 grille?

Started by Andy Illes, September 30, 2004, 06:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Illes

This isn't a biggie, but it's bugging me anyway.  I've been trying to find a "new" grille and parking light lenses for my '76 but haven't found anything in any better shape than mine in junkyards.   Does anyone know if there's a source for new ones, and do other year Dodge grilles fit?

Thanks again all, Andy

handyman

Andy check kragen calalog also JC whitney you might find a billet grill :D

Andy Illes

Hi Jim, thanks.  At the risk of sounding like a Texan..... what's a "billet" grille?

bigray

Conrad

Midnight Auto Supply might be a place to look :wink:

I too would like a new grille, or one that has all the plastic mountin tabs in place.  I see older dodge vans running around and wonder where it lives. haha

Andy Illes

Well, after checking the Krager and JCW sites, and a few hours of Googling for Mopar/Dodge sites..... nada!!   :cry:  At least I (re)discovered the Hemmings.com site... a treasure trove for stuff.

At least now I know what a billet grille is, "all'yall"... nyah, nyah, nyah.

Andy Illes

Talk about salt in a wound.   Just got back from my friend's kid's birthday dinner.  Guess what was parked right outside the restaurant as we left?!

Yup.... an absolutely MINT '76 Sportsman van... with a PERFECT grille!!!!   Sigh.   :cry:

Horst

Grilles
You have to make regular trips to the junkyards - as in at least twice a month - their inventory changes regularly, and they are not inclined to keep 70s vans too long - they tend to crush them and scrap them quickly. I'd try to sneak off once a week or so  for a few months to see if you can get lucky.
Another option is to install a chrome one from the 70-73 Dodge vans - I did, and they look great - IMHO of course - and they tend to hold up better being metal - the plastic ones get brittle, and many have warped from heat, etc.

There are many aftermarket chrome grilles from JC Whitney, etc.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.