News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Replacing a RM 760 Refrig

Started by bigray, August 11, 2004, 12:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Anyone replace a RM 760 with newer dometic refrig. Let me know!

bigray

I'm replacing my RM760 with a smaller unit RM2510. If any one needs parts from the RM760 let me know. I worked fine except the cooling unit sprung a leak. All the control work fine.

Happy Clippering!

bigray

Well I just completed the arduous task of removing the refig from the rig. Not the dismounting part as that was easy and took about 15 minutes. I'm talking about removing it from inside the rig.

Since the width and depth are both greater than the size of the rear door, I had to remove the front passenger seat and extract it from the passenger door. My neighbor actually came over to help me.

Well it can be done; however, those perfectly operable controls I spoke of in the previous post may not be perfect anymore. Talking about hard work. I removed it; however, with one scratch to the dash and one to passenger door panel.

After removal, I was able to get the RM2510 in with ease. I slid into place perfectly. Now I have to build a box in the extra space for my microwave.

Isn't life grand

Conrad

When I replaced mine, it fit through the rear door.  But... the new fridge was a bit wider.   I removed the door, not a problem then.  This gave me the opportunity to reseal the door.  I had to furr out the frame a bit to make it fit the opening.