News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

carb replacement for 440

Started by gailml, August 06, 2004, 05:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gailml

what is the best carb replacement for the dodge 440,1978 clipper ..theroquad has been gone over the hill , I was thinking about a holly,with eldebrock aluminum intake for motor home use,any sugestions????

Plante

I replaced my thermoquad with a 750 cfm Edlebrock with an Edlebrock intake manifold.  It runs great and I can get 9mpg at times.  My mechanic had to 'de-tune' it severly to get it through DEQ, however.  Other members, especially Bob(JuneBob) feel that the Thermoquad - either new or rebuilt - is the best way to go.

Horst

I replaced my Carter (OEM 2 barrel) with the same set-up as Plante (Edelbrock intake manifold, 4 barrel 750 cfm, and air cleaner) and I am very happy with the results.
Smooth, power when I need it, and a 1+ mpg improvement - I now get over 9mpg most of the time (9.5 or so), and used to get around 8 (or less!)
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.