News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Just wondering

Started by bigray, August 01, 2004, 08:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Hey Folks,

I've been reading post here and there about weight limits. Many people weigh each wheel to determine if they are exceeding the weight limit of there motorhome.  I've never  had my weighed like that but I plan to.

At any rate, I find it odd that everything is only the driver's side of the American Clipper. Grey water, fresh water tanks, propane tank, shower, etc. The only thing on the passenger side is the frig and generator.

I'm not overly concern. I just wonder how that will play out in the weight measurement.

Happy Clippering!

Horst

In rear kitchens, it may appear  a bit tilted with the LP. fresh and black water on the driver's side. But grey water is centered, as is fuel.
And then, on stock systems, you have the spare on the pasenger's side (pretty heavy I tell ya!) quite often a generator, coach battery (or two) and the main storage compartment - so it's probably not as off balance as you might think.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

bigray

Thanks Horst. I'm not too concern - just wondering. If it were a problem, it would have been discussed in detail here on the forum.

It was just the kind of thing that make you hummmmmmm!