News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Furnace

Started by John Mey, April 20, 2004, 09:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mey

I am a relatively new Clipper owner and am getting my rig ready to do what it was meant to do. Get out of this city (Seattle) and enjoy the outdoors. Anyway, I was wondering if you more experienced Clipper'rs could tell me how much battery power my furnace will use (the fan). Do I need shore power to use the furnace or can I get a few days of normal use out of it with the battery before recharging? Should I just get another battery and join the two to have more juice? I wont be camping in real cold stuff. Maybe in the low 50s. Thanks for any input.  Ranger.

AndyIlles

Ranger...

Having spent the Christmas/New Years' holidays out in Winter Park, Colorado.... I can answer your question.  Mine has a single golf cart battery, and the furnace blower will run it down in a single night.  I used a little Honeywell space heater.  Unless you have no choice, only run the coach thing plugged in to shore power... or leave your engine running.

Best regards,
Andy

John Mey

Thanks Andy. I suspected as such. Sorta a shore power only thing. It also has a wall mounted Catalytic heater installed, but I havent gotten that thing to work very well yet. I think it needs to be cleaned. Maybe I'll just put a fresh Catalytic one in.   Ranger.