News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Generator speed

Started by HPotter, January 24, 2004, 03:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HPotter

The speed {RPM's}of an AC generator determines the frequency of the AC output, which is suppposed to be maintained at, or very close to, 60 Hertz, formerly known as "cycles per second." If you have occasion to suspect a generator is not running at the proper speed, requiring readjustment of the governor, an easy way to check it is to plug in an electric clock with a sweep-second hand. If the speed is correct, the clock second hand will agree with your watch. Compare them over a period of several minutes for best accuracy.
Harold, ACOC #886

AndyIlles

Hi Harold.

That's a great tip, and correct.  Btw.  My electrical problems seemed to resolve themselves with a new motor battery, alternator and regulator.  I have NO clue what the original problem was.... but this "fixed" it.  No problems since, includng a 3,200 mi round skiing trip to Colorado, so I guess that's the proof of the pudding, huh?  Thanks for all your help.

Andy