News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

1977 American Clipper For Sale(?)

Started by lefty1, June 11, 2002, 11:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty1

I have recently acquired a '77 Clipper with ~22,000 actual miles. It is in good shape. Can anyone tell me the approximate value in case I do want to sell??

Horst

Mileage means very little, and can in fact indicate trouble if the rig has been sitting for years and years (rusted bearings, rotted rubber, etc.)

What "good shape" means to one person may not be the same to another.

Go to the Classified section of this site - you'll find several Clippers for sale, and this will give you a starting point as to the value of your rig - which is likely to fall between $5,000 and $10,000 IMHO.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

robert spence

horst gave good advise . my clipper 39k miles wasinacoversd barn for 3 years .what abargain i thought at 4k ,wrong it took 8k dollars to restore it . my advise to prospective buyers would be buy aclipper that has been restored .save you dollars for gas, Spencehbp

Tyler Hoodenpyle

It's dollar value is only as high as someone is willing to give.  The question is, how much does this rig mean to you?