News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

'78 Owner's Manual ??

Started by Chameleon, February 17, 2003, 02:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Gerry & Donna,
I would be grateful to have a copy of the owners manual for the 1978 clipper. I have recently purchased one and the seller did not have any information on the vehicle.

I would be pleased to cover shipping cost or you could send it electronically if you prefer. If you are unable to assist me, but can make a recommendation where I could get a copy I would be grateful.

Teresa H
tmerritt8@hotmail.com

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry & Donna Plante:
The previous owners of our 21', rear bath, party model kept everything in a binder.  If you cannot find a source and we have the original paperwork we can make copies and send them to you.  Let us know.

Wendy A

Hi everyone,
   We are in the process of buying a 1978 American Clipper. It is a fixer upper because is was in a flood several years ago, cleaned up then it sat unused for 4 years. We are having a great time cleaning it up and look forward to using it. It is the first RV experience for us.  We were unable to locate a users manual for it. I was hoping that someone contact me that has one.  I just filled out my ACCOC form, and look forward to learning all we can about our RV.  I will be more than happy to remburse anyone for any copies made.  Thanks

Plante

Wendy - I can send you copies.  Just e-mail your address to gplante@westnut.com.  I lived in Fremont for a few months in 1963.  I moved there from northern Minnesota with my parents and 5 siblings.  Culture shock sent us back about 6 months later.

Proud2BAmerricun

Hello all you Clipper owners! I just bought a 1978 myself and was wondering if anyone was still sending any info on this unit? I would appreciate any thing you may have so it will make it a lot easier operating everything. My email address is: Phifty1Phifty@aol.com. Thanks for your help and hope to see some of you in the near future! I have the 1978 Bunkhouse with side kitchen.
                Thanks Again,
                 Ron Hulsey

PERO_SI

I also have a '78 that my brother gave to me and belonged to my father but unfortunately when my father bought it the manual wasn't in the deal.So as a new clipper owner would some one please send me a copy of the manual if still available.my e-mail is perosi@aol.com thanks and I will repay for copies if needed. 8)

swaynemw

I would like to jump on this band wagon and ask for a copy of an owners manual.  I will pay of course.
MSG Mark W. Swayne
699th Maintenance Company
Camp Buering, Kuwait
APO AE 09330

E8Great@aol.com
thanks 8)

Grizzlybear & Panda

We have been looking for any information that might be out there on how to get copies of manuals.
Anyone who has them, we will greatly appreciate copies.
Will send postage.

Plante

I can send you manuals for our '78 Rear Bath - Party Model; and I have 2 - 16.5 wheels with good radial tires available.  One wheel is slightly bent.  It was on the front which caused the steering wheel to wobble a little at times.  So I just replaced both fronts with new 16 inch wheels and tires - my wife says I'm overly fussy.  We live near Portland, Oregon???

maldo8

Hello Everyone, We just purchased a 1978 440 rear kitchen really clean. We are new to the RV scene very excited for our first trip. Getting her ready. We are in need of a manual. If someone can send us one it would be greatly appreciated.
The Maldo8's :lol:

mikeyo

hey i have a 1976 440 and i could really do with the owners manual. or at least the manual for the dodge elements. if the only thing available is the 1978 i'd be great with that! i can't find that stuff anywhere! thanks :D

AndyIlles

Hi all

As has been noted, there has never been a "manual" for our Clippers, per se.  For Dodge or Chevy issues, there's no substitute for a Chilton's book available at every auto parts store.  After that, there are only manuals for component applicances, such as the stove, fridge, water heater, etc.  If you need a particular one, post which you need (noting models, since many have been replaced).

Good luck.  :lol: