News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

'78 Owner's Manual ??

Started by Chameleon, February 17, 2003, 02:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chameleon

Hello,

I'm a noobie RV'er and have recently purchased a '78 Clipper that appears to be in decent shape. What I'm looking for is an OWNERS MANUAL, if such an item exists, so I can learn about the maintenance and use of all the RV systems.  I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a resource.  Any help anyone could offer would be very much appreciated...thanks!  - Robert  

Plante

The previous owners of our 21', rear bath, party model kept everything in a binder.  If you cannot find a source and we have the original paperwork we can make copies and send them to you.  Let us know.

Chameleon

Thank you Mr/Mrs. Plante.

I replied to your offer in the "tips and tricks" section.  I didn't realize you may not have been receiving the private messages I sent through this website.  Anything you can help me with on the subject is most appreciated.  Thanks again!

~Robert McCormick

Chameleon

Erm...I meant I replied to your offer in the "greetings" section, earlier.  Sheesh...I'll get it straight yet!  

Plante

I had not looked at my personal e-mail at home in several days.  I received your reply and copied everything I had - it's in the mail.  Hope it helps.

Chameleon

Thanks you very much!!  I'll let you know when it arrives.  

Chameleon

Gerry,

I received the packet of information you sent this week and it's EXACTLY what I was looking for!
I feel much more secure with what I'm dealing with now.  

Thank you very much for your generosity.  It's good to know there are still people out there that care to assist others in need.  Thanks again!  

phyllaurie

Dear Chamelean, So perhaps you can pass the favor on?? I just yesterday bought a
78 clipper (bunkhouse) and unfortunately it came with NO supporting documents. This is my first RV and am planning on learning all about all the systems.  And I'm really excited about American Clippers being such a special model with such enthusiastic fans/owners. i sent my check to join AAOC, and hope to be able to buy the whole set of journals, but I could SURE use copies of the owner's manuals.  Looking forward to meeting other American Clipper owners at some upcoming event.

Chameleon

Sure...no problem!  I've sent you an email already requesting your address.  

bcoxsey

Can someone send me a copy of the 1978 Clipper manual and documents? I would greatly appreciate it as well. My email is bcoxsey@hotmail.com

Write to me and I'll send back my contact information. Thanks for the help!

myretirementplan1

The model I have acquired is a 1977 but if anyone is still willing to send the 1978 owners' information, I would be pleased to copy it and pass a copy on to the next person looking for the information.

Also, if any club members are planning a trip around my area, the Mississippi Gulf Coast midway between New Orleans and Mobile, Al., let me know if I can help with any planning or advance arrangements- would be my pleasure.

Thanks very much !!

John Giles
703 Morgan Avenue
Pascagoula, MS 39567

kbmurph

Hi all we just bought a 78 clipper rear kitchen. It came with a binder but there were a one thing missing. We cant find anything about how to dump our sewer tank?? If anyone has any info on this we would be very grateful.

Plante

John - I will mail you copies of what I have this week.  
  I don't think I have any instructions concerning the waste tanks, but I just take out the hose, hook one end to the discharge pipe the other end goes in the sewer pipe at the dumping station, and pull the 2 handles for the holding tanks behind the left rear wheels.  Carry a pair of rubber gloves(I keep my gloves in the end of the hose holder).  Dumping stations usually have running water to rinse the hose when the tanks are empty.

cat

Gerry & Donna:  Dump the black water first followed by the gray water.  Helps in the flushing action.  Buy a box of those cheapie exam. gloves and that way you can just peel them off and toss them.

bullock

I am still in need of owner/service manuals for my 1977 Clipper 440.  I haven't been able to find anything.  I would appreciate also receiving a copy of the information for the 1978 model as I'm hoping they're similar.  Please email me for contact information.  My greatest appreciation in advance.

bullock31@shaw.ca