News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Generator dying out

Started by kosales, August 18, 2003, 02:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kosales

I have a clipper and like it, the generator is a generac mc-35, It run's good, The problem is the mech. pump has been bypassed with a elec. one from the gas tank that seem's to be working fine, It will run fine with no load but when you run the a/c or etc. it dies, once it dies you can restart it fine, I check and replace oil to make sure it was not a low oil shut down. Also replaced the little fuel filter also. Need Help. Thanks Bill

handyman

hi Bill sounds like your going in the right direction it sounds like it's not getting enoff fuel eather that or the automatic throttle isent working right, to check this run it untell it's at normal temp then have someone go in and turn on the air while you watch the throttle armwhen the air kicks on the regulater should advance the throttle to keep it at the right speed if not thats your problem. you didn't say was this with or without the engine running if it's with the engine running your pump mite be going out or the main fiter mite be plugged if you need some help I just live down the road in riverbank send me a privet message and Ill give you a call hope Iv been some help  

kosales

Thanks, Jim I will try a new elec. pump I think that is my problem not getting enought gas to engine under load. Bill