News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Clipper Fiberglass Care

Started by Horst, February 04, 2002, 07:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

I've tried many different waxes - and have not liked most of them - very time consuming for application, etc.
For a few years now I have ben using ProtectAll - and I liked it fairly well - but it was a bit "oily", and somewhat difficult to work with.

So I went to the Internet to see what others were doing with fiberglass care - and 303 was mentioned often - and favorably so!

So I got some - and I must say - I have found my new fiberglass care product. Easy on - great shine - takes care of minor oxidation - so smearing. I have been told it lasts at least 3 months before you have to do it again. I don't mind that be asue it goes on fast!
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

LitlC

Horst-

I was wondering how the 303 stood up as I just purchased a clipper and I am trying to do some research to find what would be best to use to clean it up.  Thanks for any info.-all is helpful!

Horst

The 303 has held up well - and I'll be staying with this product.

However, if you have moderate to severe oxidation, you may want to use and oxidation remover first, then wax with a good Meguiar's or GelCoat.

Then go to 303 as maintenance cleaning/protecting.

I still plan on doing a traditional wax job on my Clipper once a year or so, probably with GelCoat followed by a Meguiars - as outlined by another member, in another post.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Rich Gauthier

Horst,
I`m the guy with 3 part wax process. I have been using 303 for some time now , but only on rubber molding, tires, and awning. I checked it out on the fiberglass siding and was very impressed.
It will be my mountly touch-up for sure.
Rich
ACOC# 2940

tdonato1

Horst Wolf-  What would one do to a beat clipper with mold growing on it and severe oxidation, not to mention the worst exhaust leak I've ever heard.  This guy Jeff Watson from santa cruz needs help badly

Shayne

tdonato - Start with Softscrub on the fiberglass.  YES, Softscrub like you would use on the kitchen sink.  Then go to GelGloss, and then  RV Cleaner Wax from Camping World.  That will get it shining pretty good.  Then you can apply a finer wax for a great shine, something with carnuba in it.

As far as the exhaust leak goes.  In Santa Cruz, call Holiday Muffler and talk to Mark.  Tell him Shayne sent you and he'll only charge you double     He's a friend of mine.  They did the exhaust on my Clipper, and recently repaired the right side exhaust manifold. You'll want to take it to the Live Oak shop because he has the outdoor lift and I think more room.  It's on Capitola Rd and I think 17th Ave?  Number is 831-476-5635  Good Luck!
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Adrian

Does anyone know what to do about thin cracks in the gelcoat? I've got them all down the side where the brown strip is and also on some of the corners where the windows are.
Thanks
Adrian