News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

16 inch wheels Question????

Started by 19julien59, July 30, 2011, 01:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19julien59

Greetings all....I am working toward changing over to 16" wheels and tires and came across a good deal on Craigslist.  However, these are off a 1999 Dodge 3500...correct bolt pattern.  Is there any reason these won't work.  I have been told that only up to 1993 will work...not sure why...offset, width????  They aren't coined, but have the locating pins.  Please help...these are a screaming deal...Thanks Jon

LARRY RAY

I've never given much thought to changing my Clipper wheel size. I would check the lug nut style. The wheels you have found may use a differant lug nut style. I know that the coined wheels use a nut with built on washer and that rear nuts torgue (according to my book) 300ft pds. That makes it really tough to change on the side of the road.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

John Eversoll

Tripple AAA"  Plus!!!!   I don't change tires...............