News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

coolant recovary system

Started by phoenix, March 14, 2004, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoenix

Did Dodge or American Clipper ever have a pressurized coolant recovary reservoir?  Ours is just a standard vented type but I had a go-round with a mechanic who insists it's pressurized, thinks I'm just a mechanical idiot and is totally offended that I would presume to think I know better.

tomfridley

elvira- dodge vans to this date have a pressurised coolant system. this is controlled by the radiator cap to keep the pressure up to 16 pounds before the coolant is expelled to the recovery tank.
a quick look at the factory original recovery tank will have a green colored, non sealed cap that just snaps in place.
also note the tank has a molded vent on top of the tank and down the passenger side of the tank.
no pressure builds up in the recovery tank.
as always NEVER open the radiator cap when hot!

Richard Peterson

Tom is correct.    If you need one,    Dodge still has the recovery tank for sale although it is kinda pricy.
Richard Peterson

Horst

go to a junkyard - you'll get one for $10-20
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.